Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Simple rules of the UNIX.COM forums: Post 302758661 by Neo on Sunday 20th of January 2013 12:25:18 PM
Old 01-20-2013
Updated rules.

Change: Code tags are now "the rule" and not just a guideline.
These 7 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Simple rules of the UNIX.COM forums:

(1) No flames, shouting (all caps), sarcasm, bullying or arrogant posts. (2) No negative comments about others or unpolite remarks. Be patient. (3) Refrain from idle chatter that does not contribute to the knowledge base. (4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

forums to hire unix experts

Please recommend forums where I could look for unix expert candidates. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itmgr
3 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums

How to post a new thread (Regarding Unix related doubts) in Unix Forums. I registered my id but I am unable to post my Questions to Forum. Thanks & Regards, indusri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indusri
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Chess at the UNIX Forums.

Just to let you know, we have installed Chess at the UNIX forums: Chess Club - The UNIX Forums (0 Replies)
0 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Russian UNIX Forums

Russian UNIX Forums Russian UNIX-like systems users's forums. Articles. UNIX Encyclopedia project. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eugrus
3 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

please help to verify the simple firewall rules is ok for the call testing of my VOIP telephony syst

Dear Sir, I want to test the VOIP Telephony system installed in a IP PBX server behind a NAT router. This NAT router connects to a modem (with NAT as well), and then the modem (with static public IP assigned by the ISP, e.g. 219.45.67.80) directly connects to the Internet. There are several... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiubosu
0 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums

Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums https://youtu.be/WGwgibE4Rq0 Also note: In the video I mentioned removing legacy menu items in the ModCP which are unused. I have already "CSS'ed out" the unused menu items: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
MESG(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           MESG(1)

NAME
mesg - display (or do not display) messages from other users SYNOPSIS
mesg [option] [n|y] DESCRIPTION
The mesg utility is invoked by a user to control write access others have to the terminal device associated with standard error output. If write access is allowed, then programs such as talk(1) and write(1) may display messages on the terminal. Traditionally, write access is allowed by default. However, as users become more conscious of various security risks, there is a trend to remove write access by default, at least for the primary login shell. To make sure your ttys are set the way you want them to be set, mesg should be executed in your login scripts. ARGUMENTS
n Disallow messages. y Allow messages to be displayed. If no arguments are given, mesg shows the current message status on standard error output. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Explain what is being done. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXIT STATUS
The mesg utility exits with one of the following values: 0 Messages are allowed. 1 Messages are not allowed. >1 An error has occurred. FILES
/dev/[pt]ty[pq]? SEE ALSO
login(1), talk(1), write(1), wall(1), xterm(1) HISTORY
A mesg command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. AVAILABILITY
The mesg command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2014 MESG(1)