Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Navigating directories with * / . and .. Post 302758337 by bloodrule on Saturday 19th of January 2013 02:10:41 AM
Old 01-19-2013
Thanks - that helps a lot.

So how does" */./" differ from "*/." ? I seem to get slightly different results with each and still can't quite see why.

Also I understand that * and ? are called wildcards. But what are . .. and / called?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix - Navigating the file system

When I log on to my unix session I have a default location. But I need to navigate 3 directories up then 6 directories down to where I want to be. There must be a way to create some sort of short cut from my defeault location to my required location. Can anyone help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjaggii
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

navigating a web interface with a shell script

I'm trying to design a script that will check the external ip address of my home network and then assign it to the A record of a subdomain. When i started, i thought i could do this with SSH, but turns out I don't have ssh access to update the DNS record (not surprising i suppose) So now, i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyincity
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for parsing directories one level and finding directories older than n days

Hello all, Here's the deal...I have one directory with many subdirs and files. What I want to find out is who is keeping old files and directories...say files and dirs that they didn't use since a number of n days, only one level under the initial dir. Output to a file. A script for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL navigating directories. How do I do it

I am trying to write a Perl script that lists all the .pm files within c:\perl on a WinXP system. I have Strawberry Perl installed. I know that I can perform the action I want with shell script commands but I just want to perform it with Perl. I have written a Perl script that opens the pwd and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShermW0829
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Navigating a WebPage with Perl

Hi All Below is Code, It opens a link from which it ask a login name and password, the script enter the login name and password and navigate to next page.. In the next page there is a drop down box from which i have to select a value, I have written the code but it gives error #!/usr/bin/perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date

It is for HP-Unix B.11.31. Requirement: 1. List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date. Example: Directories with name "pkg32*" or "pkg33*" 2. On the output of 1. list the directories by creation date as sort order, with creation date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue navigating GNU Info nodes

Hello... and thanks in advance for in help anyone can offer me I'm poking around the GNU Info command... It's a lot different from man pages (Including holding much more information) but I'm having issues navigating it... And it's frustrating the hell out of me! My problem is when I go to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Giving read write permission to user for specific directories and sub directories.

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. This is for Solaris. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
1 Replies
The eXtented eXosip stack(3)					    libeXosip2					      The eXtented eXosip stack(3)

NAME
The eXtented eXosip stack - libeXosip2 Version 3.6.0 Modules How-To initialize libeXosip2. How-To initiate, modify or terminate calls. How-To send or update registrations. Detailed Description libeXosip2 Version 3.6.0 See also: http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/exosip What is eXosip libeXosip2 implements the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP -rfc3261-) libeXosip2 is GPL (COPYING). Please understand the licencing details before using it! For any use of this library beyond the rights granted to you by the GPL license, please contact my company at jack@atosc.org. What is the relation between osip &; eXosip2 The GNU osip stack is the first step needed to implement SIP applications. As a low layer stack, there is no limitation in the way to use it, but the very large API makes it rather complex and not suitable for beginners. The eXtended eXosip library is based on osip and implements a lot more SIP stuff so you can quickly build compliant SIP applications. The API is enough flexible to allow you to control and complete SIP messages. Thus, it keeps the stack extensible. While osip can be used for any SIP applications, eXosip2 only provide APIs to control endpoints. What is SIP SIP is an IP telephony protocol made by the IETF. It is an effort to create a simple (telephony is never simple) and powerful protocol for next generation telephony systems. SIP features SIP is not just about telephony. It's much more that what you expect from phones. SIP means mobility, video, textual call information, file exchange, instant messaging, presence support and much more! eXosip2 is free software As eXosip2 is GPL, you MUST choose to release your SIP applications based on eXosip2 under the GPL license. For any use of this library beyond the rights granted to you by the GPL license, please contact my company at jack@atosc.org. With oSIP (which is LGPL), you still have the choice to implement close source application and link with oSIP. For the benefit of the community (and for your own benefit), please consider implementing your application in GPL. Still with osip, you have to respect the license terms. Mainly, users of your software must be able to fix bugs in osip themselves. (they must have the source code, be able to compile it and link your product with the new version.) Thanks Thanks to all the contributors and to all bug reporters. Enjoy osip! Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libeXosip2 from the source code. Version 3.1.0 Sun Jun 24 2012 The eXtented eXosip stack(3)