Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print only lines where fields concatenated match strings Post 302757753 by Don Cragun on Friday 18th of January 2013 02:12:30 AM
Old 01-18-2013
This seems to do what you want:
Code:
awk '{  x = substr($0, index($0, ","))
        gsub(/,/, "", x)
        if(x !~ /M\|(N\|JU|H\|JU|H\|JS)\|Q\|P98101011/) print $0, "Different"
}' OFS="," input

If you're using a Solaris/Sun OS system, use /usr/xpg4/bin/awk or nawk, instead of awk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strings from one file which exactly match to the 1st column of other file and then print lines.

Hi, I have two files. 1st file has 1 column (huge file containing ~19200000 lines) and 2nd file has 2 columns (small file containing ~6000 lines). ################################# huge_file.txt a a ab b ################################## small_file.txt a 1.5 b 2.5 ab ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting Concatenated Words With Largest Strings First

hello, I had posted earlier help for a script for splitting concatenated words . The script was supposed to read words from a master file and split concatenated words in the slave/input file. Thanks to the help I got, the following script which works very well was posted. It detects residues by... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk strings search + print next column after match

Hi, I have a file filled with search strings which have a blank in between and look like this: S. g. Ehr. o. Jg. v. d. Chijs g. Ehr. Now i would like to search for the strings and it also shall return the next column after the match. awk -v FILE="search_strings.txt" 'BEGIN {... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print strings that match pattern with awk

I have a file with many lines which contain strings like .. etc. But with no rule regarding field separators or anything else. I want to print ONLY THE STRING from each line , not the entire line !!! For example from the lines : Flow on service executed with success in . Performances... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning two lines if they both match strings

Hi I have a problem where I have a large amount of files that I need to scan and return a line and its following line, but only when the following line begins with a string. String one - line one must begin with 'Bill' String two - line two must begin with 'Jones'. If these two... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormajormajor
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match the value & print lines from the match

Hello, I have a file contains two columns. I need to print the lines after “xxx” so i'm trying to match "xxx" & cut the lines after that. I'm trying with the grep & cut command, if there any simple way to extract this please help me. Sample file : name id AAA 123 AAB 124 AAC 125... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print fields that match using conditions and a default value for non-matching in two files

Trying to use awk to match the contents of each line in file1 with $5 in file2. Both files are tab-delimited and there may be a space or special character in the name being matched in file2, for example in file1 the name is BRCA1 but in file2 the name is BRCA 1 or in file1 name is BCR but in file2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines if fields match in lines

In the awk below, what I am attempting to do is check each line in the tab-delimeted input, which has ~20 lines in it, for a keyword SVTYPE=Fusion. If the keyword is found I am splitting $3 using the . (dot) and reading the portion before and after the dot in an array a. If it does have that... (12 Replies)
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
JOIN(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   JOIN(1)

NAME
join -- relational database operator SYNOPSIS
join [-a file_number | -v file_number] [-e string] [-o list] [-t char] [-1 field] [-2 field] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
The join utility performs an ``equality join'' on the specified files and writes the result to the standard output. The ``join field'' is the field in each file by which the files are compared. The first field in each line is used by default. There is one line in the output for each pair of lines in file1 and file2 which have identical join fields. Each output line consists of the join field, the remaining fields from file1 and then the remaining fields from file2. The default field separators are tab and space characters. In this case, multiple tabs and spaces count as a single field separator, and leading tabs and spaces are ignored. The default output field separator is a single space character. Many of the options use file and field numbers. Both file numbers and field numbers are 1 based, i.e., the first file on the command line is file number 1 and the first field is field number 1. The following options are available: -a file_number In addition to the default output, produce a line for each unpairable line in file file_number. -e string Replace empty output fields with string. -o list The -o option specifies the fields that will be output from each file for each line with matching join fields. Each element of list has either the form file_number.field, where file_number is a file number and field is a field number, or the form '0' (zero), repre- senting the join field. The elements of list must be either comma (',') or whitespace separated. (The latter requires quoting to protect it from the shell, or, a simpler approach is to use multiple -o options.) -t char Use character char as a field delimiter for both input and output. Every occurrence of char in a line is significant. -v file_number Do not display the default output, but display a line for each unpairable line in file file_number. The options -v 1 and -v 2 may be specified at the same time. -1 field Join on the field'th field of file1. -2 field Join on the field'th field of file2. When the default field delimiter characters are used, the files to be joined should be ordered in the collating sequence of sort(1), using the -b option, on the fields on which they are to be joined, otherwise join may not report all field matches. When the field delimiter char- acters are specified by the -t option, the collating sequence should be the same as sort(1) without the -b option. If one of the arguments file1 or file2 is '-', the standard input is used. EXIT STATUS
The join utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. COMPATIBILITY
For compatibility with historic versions of join, the following options are available: -a In addition to the default output, produce a line for each unpairable line in both file1 and file2. -j1 field Join on the field'th field of file1. -j2 field Join on the field'th field of file2. -j field Join on the field'th field of both file1 and file2. -o list ... Historical implementations of join permitted multiple arguments to the -o option. These arguments were of the form file_number.field_number as described for the current -o option. This has obvious difficulties in the presence of files named 1.2. These options are available only so historic shell scripts do not require modification and should not be used. SEE ALSO
awk(1), comm(1), paste(1), sort(1), uniq(1) STANDARDS
The join command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
July 5, 2004 BSD