Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Syntax error `end of file' unexpected Post 302757389 by vbe on Thursday 17th of January 2013 12:23:57 PM
Old 01-17-2013
Of course it will not display correctly if you continue to add fancy fonts, and I am not here to remove them all the time!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, I need ur help is this matter, i have th ebelow script, and i keep getting this error: syntax error: unexpected end of file affectedRow=`cat dbOutput.log | grep "1 row affected"` echo "affectedRow : $affectedRow" if ; then echo "Look to the next OMCDB" ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a script that's failing ./zzmaster.sh: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file There are 4 scripts total involved. The first 'znocc0.sh' essentially curls a page then does some sed sequences... #!/bin/sh #GET SENTINAL INFO curl -b z0cookie.txt -L -k -e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script syntax error: unexpected end of file

Need help. I cannot find the reason for this error: here is the script (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I have problem in constructing "IF" condition. The below code throws "tst.sh: line 10: syntax error: unexpected end of file" #!/bin/ksh test=9 echo $test if ] then echo "in" fi echo "end" exit 0 Actually, i want to check whether the variable $test is empty or null. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinku
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I am newbie to UNIX scripting. I am facing this error "syntax error: unexpected end of file" while executing the following script: ------ a=$1 if then sqlplus -s prospect_stg/prospect_stg@mdmpt <<END insert into bckup_marc_parameter_lookup select * from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I will appreciate help is this matter. i am getting this error (./getwind.scr: line 41: syntax error: unexpected end of file) in the following script : ############################## #QSUB -eo -q sb -lT 1200 -s /bin/csh #Run on an HP-UX machine or norway to access ncks # lat and lon are in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peeriich
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi all, I am very new to programming and even newer to this forum as well, so I apologize if this should have been in the Newbie category, but... I am currently trying to figure out Shell Scripting and am running into problems early. Not having taken any kind of programming class, I am not even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccorder22
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error unexpected end of file

I am new to unix, so thank u for ur patience I try to make it work (to duplicate two first columns in several files): #!/bin/bash for i in `seq 2 5` do awk `{ print $1,$1,$2,$2,$3,$4}` final_chr.${i} > input_${i} done and i get ./my_script3.sh: command substitution: line 5: syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kush
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

cygwin syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, I am getting error while running the script. "syntax error: unexpected end of file" if i do cat i cant see the content of the script also it is showing as cat test.sh doner /home/master/* /home/Priya/$i| while read i j The original script is paste /home/names.txt /home/ip.txt |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected End of File Syntax Error

Hi, I am brand new to this so I apologize ahead of time for any formatting problems. I know there is a previous (closed) thread on here about this problem but I wasn't able to fix the error following the posts there so I thought I could create a new one. Here is the error I am getting: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SierraG
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLXFONTS(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_INSTALLXFONTS(1)

NAME
       dh_installxfonts - register X fonts

SYNOPSIS
       dh_installxfonts [debhelperoptions]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_installxfonts is a debhelper program that is responsible for registering X fonts, so their corresponding fonts.dir, fonts.alias, and
       fonts.scale be rebuilt properly at install time.

Before calling this program, you should have installed any X fonts provided by your package into the appropriate location in the package
       build directory, and if you have fonts.alias or fonts.scale files, you should install them into the correct location under etc/X11/fonts in
       your package build directory.

Your package should depend on xfonts-utils so that the update-fonts-* commands are available. (This program adds that dependency to
       ${misc:Depends}.)

This program automatically generates the postinst and postrm commands needed to register X fonts. These commands are inserted into the
       maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how this works.

NOTES
       See update-fonts-alias(8), update-fonts-scale(8), and update-fonts-dir(8) for more information about X font installation.

See Debian policy, section 11.8.5. for details about doing fonts the Debian way.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10						       DH_INSTALLXFONTS(1)