Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX IBM's pSeries 570 vs a 520 vs 550 Post 302753815 by kah00na on Wednesday 9th of January 2013 11:57:49 AM
Old 01-09-2013
Devyn, let us know what you end up getting. I have memory for Power 5 and Power 5+ boxes you could have for the cost of shipping. You don't happen to be near Kansas, do you?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with IBM 550 and HMC settings

I'm a Solaris and Debian/SuSE weenie, and I need some help setting the IP address of the remote web interface on an IBM 550 I plugged the port labled HMC1 to the network. The "network" is really a small linksys router that I use to test internet configs, as I can change the settings at will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Shock
0 Replies

2. AIX

new IBM pseries and new disks

Hello Gurus, i'm quite new person in AIX world, actually i'm SAP consultant. But due to my job faced with AIX. Trying to configure new server for installation SAP. We have 4 disks one of them (hdisk3) has VG rootvg. How i can extend rootvg with another disk? i tried: # extendvg rootvg hdisk0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapbcer
2 Replies

3. Linux

Why does they use Linux on IBM pSeries

Anyone can help me answer the question. Why does they use Linux on IBM pSeries not AIX. I can't understand why, cause AIX is the best supporting from IBM pSeries. Tks you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
3 Replies

4. AIX

p6 570 network for AIX LPAR

know how to do it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies

5. AIX

IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz

Hi , I am planing to buy IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz but I am confused with few things. I would be happy if you could clear it up for me ? 1.Do I have to buy some license in order to create Lpars ? 2.Do I have to buy some license in order to use HMC , micro - partiocioning , VIOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
4 Replies

6. Hardware

VT 520 Terminal

Back of a VT 520 Teminal has a 1"X1" (approx.) rectangular area covered by a removable plastic flap. It is just above the keyboard hole(mini 6 pin DIN). What is it? Thank you. ---------- Post updated at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:37 AM ---------- I've got the answer.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies

7. AIX

IBM Power Pseries Open Firmware boot / VIOS POWERVM VET CODE

Hello, I installed PowerVM IVM Virtual I/O on P-550 but later found out that the machine isn't activated for CoD VET code for virtualization. So when booted , it goes into OPEN Firmware I/O Hosting requires a hosting partition boot not permitted exit called > ok Panel shows > IO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

8. AIX

IBM QSECOFR password missing P/N 9405-520

How to remove or reset password QSECOFR from IBM iSeries AS/400 P/N 9405-520. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtbax7
2 Replies

9. AIX

IBM AIX console pseries

Hi, when I boot I get an E1DC error code. I've looked it up and it says that this error occurs during the firmware check. But the error is called "Dynamic Console Selection" . 1- Machine stopped at LCD led display = E1DC = CA00E1DC E1DC Dynamic console selection. (maybe cable or keyboard)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies
pbs_resources_sp2(7B)							PBS						     pbs_resources_sp2(7B)

NAME
pbs_resources_sp2 - pbs resources on IBM SP-2 DESCRIPTION
This page summarizes the resources supported by PBS for the IBM SP-2. These resources are specified by including them in the -l option argument on the qsub or qalter command or in the PBS job script. RESOURCES
nice The nice value under which the job is to be run. Units: unitary. walltime Maximum amount of real time during which the job can be in the running state. Units: time. arch Specifies the administrator defined system architecture requried. This defaults to whatever the PBS_MACH string is set to in "local.mk". Units: string. host Name of host on which job should be run. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. nodes Number and/or type of nodes to be reserved for exclusive use by the job. The value is one or more node_specs joined with the '+' character, "node_spec[+node_spec...]. Each node_spec is an number of nodes required of the type declared in the node_spec and a name or one or more properity or properities desired for the nodes. The number, the name, and each properity in the node_spec are separated by a colon ':'. If no number is specified, one(1) is assumed. Units: string. The name of a node is its hostname. The properities of nodes are: . ppn=# specifying the number of processors per node requested. Defaults to 1. . arbitrary string assigned by the system administrator, please check with your administrator as to the node names and properities available to you. Examples: . To ask for 12 nodes of any type: -l nodes=12 . To ask for 2 "server" nodes and 14 other nodes (a total of 16): -l nodes=2:server+14 The above consist of two node_specs "2:server" and "14". . To ask for (a) 1 node that is a "server" and has a "hippi" interface, (b) 10 nodes that are not servers, and (c) 3 nodes that have a large amount of memory an have hippi: -l nodes=server:hippi+10:noserver+3:bigmem:hippi . To ask for three nodes by name: -l nodes=b2005+b1803+b1813 . To ask for 2 processors on each of four nodes: -l nodes=4:ppn=2 . To ask for 4 processors on one node: -l nodes=1:ppn=4 . To ask for 2 processors on each of two blue nodes and three processors on one red node: -l nodes=2:blue:ppn=2+red:ppn=3 host Allows a user to specify the desired execution location. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. other Allows a user to specify site specific information. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allow- able values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. software Allows a user to specify software required by the job. This is useful if certain software packages are only available on certain systems in the site. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. EXAMPLES
qsub -l nodes=15,walltime=2:00:00 script or in a qsub script as a directive: #PBS -l nodes=15,walltime=2:00:00 RESOURCE UNITS
The resource values take the following units: time specifies a maximum time period the resource can be used. Time is expressed in seconds as an integer, or in the form: [[hours:]minutes:]seconds[.milliseconds] unitary The maximum amount of a resource which is expressed as a simple integer. SEE ALSO
the PBS ERS, qsub(1B), qalter(1B), pbs_submit(3B), pbs_alterjob(3B), pbs_statjob(3b) pbs_resources_aix4(7B), pbs_resources_irix5(7B) pbs_resources_sunos4(7B), pbs_resources_unicos8(7B) Local pbs_resources_sp2(7B)