Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Parse the XML data along with the URL in Shell Script? Post 302753653 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 9th of January 2013 06:12:09 AM
Old 01-09-2013
Threads merged..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a string in XML file using shell script

Hi! I'm just new here and don't know much about shell scripting. I just want to ask for help in creating a shell script that will parse a string or value of the status in the xml file. Please sample xml file below. Can you please help me create a simple script to get the value of status? Also it... (46 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
46 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to extract data from XML file

Hello Scripting Gurus, I need help with extracting data from the XML file using shell script. The data is in a large XML and I need to extract the id values of all completedworkflows. Here is a sample of it. Input and output data is also in the attached text files. <wfregistry>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help!!! Shell script to parse data file.

I am faced with a :confused: tricky problem to parse a data file ( May not be a tricky problem to the scripting guru's ). Here is what I am faced with. I have a file with multiple rows of data and the rows are not of fixed length. "|" is used as a delimiters for individual columns and each row... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse data between parenthesis using shell script

Hi I am using shell script and i need to parse the data between parenthesis.How do i do it using shell script. Ex: section(name). I want to extract name from the above string using shell script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: julie_s
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex/shell script to Parse through XML Records

Hi All, I have been working on something that doesn't seem to have a clear regex solution and I just wanted to run it by everyone to see if I could get some insight into the method of solving this problem. I have a flat text file that contains billing records for users, however the records... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerrad
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file in shell script

Hi Everybody, I have an XML file containing some data and i want to extract it, but the specific issue in my file is that the data is repeated some times like the following example : <section1> <subsection1> X=... Y=... Z=... <\subsection1> <subsection2> X=... Y=... Z=...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yassine
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (not Perl) to parse xml with awk

Hi, I have to make an script according to these: - I have couples of files like: xxxxxxxxxxxxx.csv xxxxxxxxxxxxx_desc.xml - every xml file has diferent fields, but keeps this format: ........ <defaultName>2011-02-25T16:43:43.582Z</defaultName> ........... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pluff
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract and parse XML data (statistic value) to csv

Hi All, I need to parse some statistic data from the "measInfo" -eg. 25250000 (as highlighted) and return the result into line by line, and erasing all other unnecessary info/tag. Thought of starting with grep "measInfoID="25250000" but this only returns 1 line. How do I get all the output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackma
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse xml in shell script and extract records with specific condition

Hi I have xml file with multiple records and would like to extract records from xml with specific condition if specific tag is present extract entire row otherwise skip . <logentry revision="21510"> <author>mantest</author> <date>2015-02-27</date> <QC_ID>334566</QC_ID>... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar.t@hp
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need get data from XML file through shell script..

hi all, here is the sample log file and these errors are repeated in log file.. i need all the repeated time stamp ,severity and message tags needs to print in output file.. through shell script <log-message> <timestamp>2019-03-13T04:52:49.648-05:00</timestamp> <severity>ERROR</severity>... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi
17 Replies
curl_easy_escape(3)						  libcurl Manual					       curl_easy_escape(3)

NAME
curl_easy_escape - URL encodes the given string SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> char *curl_easy_escape( CURL *curl, char *url, int length ); DESCRIPTION
This function converts the given input string to an URL encoded string and returns that as a new allocated string. All input characters that are not a-z, A-Z, 0-9, '-', '.', '_' or '~' are converted to their "URL escaped" version (%NN where NN is a two-digit hexadecimal num- ber). If the length argument is set to 0 (zero), curl_easy_escape(3) uses strlen() on the input url to find out the size. You must curl_free(3) the returned string when you're done with it. AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.15.4 and replaces the old curl_escape(3) function. RETURN VALUE
A pointer to a zero terminated string or NULL if it failed. SEE ALSO
curl_easy_unescape(3), curl_free(3), RFC2396 libcurl 7.15.4 7 April 2006 curl_easy_escape(3)