"Cannot open shared object: when starting nrpe"

Post #302753433 by DGPickett on Tuesday 8th of January 2013 04:07:26 PM

Generally, dynamic library paths must be:
  • compiled in with -R or
  • in very standard places ld() defaults to, or
  • be in $LD_LIBRARY_PATH or whatever varaible your ld() prefers.
Sometimes it is simpler to make the app with static libraries, so they are copied in at compile time. Check linkages with "ldd -rsv executable_or_library"

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #727
Difficulty: Medium
Radia Perlman Invented the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
True or False?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Does my ld support shared object creation

Hi, I have been trying to create a sharef object on my HP UX 11 machine (HP-UX <myhostname> B.11.00 A 9000/879 ...... two-user license) to create the shared object first I am creating the object file using cc -Aa -c +z dyn.c (I use -Aa and +z as per HP's manual on linkers ) to create the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
0 Replies

2. Linux

Shared Object File

Hi All, I created the share object file using gcc -shared -fpic mypp.cpp -o myp.so but, pls tell me how to link this .so file to my client program. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with shared object in AIX

Hi All, I have a problem with the shared objects setup in AIX. We have a customized shell written by the developers over here. When i issue a MQ Series command (mqsilist) it is giving the error as . All the commands making use of this libImbCmdLib.a.so is failing. But when executed in normal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
1 Replies

4. Solaris

open SSL configuration in solaris 5.9 for NRPE plug-in

Hi guys, I have a linux box with nagios installed on it. I have configured some windows clients very easily and now i want to configure a unix client on it. Steps done: 1) installed nagios-plugins-1.4.13 2) downloaded nrpe-2.12, but while giving "./configure" command, it is throwing an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
1 Replies

5. Programming

libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

% locate Rmath /m/backup/backup/lib/R/include/Rmath.h /usr/lib/R/include/Rmath.h % gcc -g -o stand stand.c -I/usr/lib/R/include/ -lRmath -lm % ./stand ./stand: error while loading shared libraries: libRmath.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory What's the trouble... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

We are trying to install third party software on this unix server… Here is the error message we are getting… error while loading shared libraries: libodbc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory It seems like odbc driver is not installed… >rpm -q unixODBC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindts
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

shared object

Hi, I would like to create a shared object ( .so). This shared object 1. uses the functions from a library. 2. Also it should be able to use the global variable in an app To achieve this what should I do ? 1) To use the functions in the library should I give the -ld option while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

8. Programming

Shared Object Question

Hello, I am new to programming shared objects and I was hoping someone could tell me if what I want to do is possible, or else lead me in the right direction. I have a main program that contains an abstract base class. I also have a subclass that I'm compiling as a shared object. The subclass... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorik
13 Replies

9. Programming

Help building and using a shared object (x64)

Hello, I am not that experienced with Linux, and I am currently facing some issues. The application I'm working on uses hundreds of threads. To optimize the memory usage, I am putting all my data inside a shared object (so). The steps for this are as follows: 1. a C file (generated... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maelstrom
17 Replies

10. Linux

Cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Hi, While running tcpdump command on my Fedora 16 machine I am get shared library issue. # tcpdump tcpdump: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory # which tcpdump /usr/software/sbin/tcpdump I have tried... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzaffar.k
3 Replies
shm_open(2)							System Calls Manual						       shm_open(2)

NAME
shm_open - create/open a shared memory object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call establishes a connection between a shared memory object and a file descriptor. It creates an open file description that corresponds to the shared memory object and returns a file descriptor that refers to that open file description. This file descriptor (which is the lowest numbered file descriptor not currently open for that process) is used by other functions to refer to that shared mem- ory object. The name argument points to the shared memory object name, and must conform to the general construction rules for a pathname. The oflag argument is the bitwise inclusive OR of the flags listed under and (these flags are defined in the header file The new file descriptor has the flag set, and consequently does not remain open across system calls. Read-Write Flags The value of oflag must be composed by taking the inclusive OR of exactly one of the following flags: Open for read access only. Open for read and write access. General Flags Any combination of the following flags may also be used in setting the value of oflag. If the shared memory object exists, this flag will have no effect, except as noted under below. Otherwise the shared memory object is created; the shared memory object's user ID is set to the effective user ID of the process; the shared memory object's group ID is set to the effective group ID of the process. The shared memory object's permission bits is set to the value of the mode argument except those set in the file mode creation mask of the process. The new shared memory object will have a size of zero. If and are set in oflag and the named shared memory object exists, will fail. The flag is ignored if is not set in oflag. If the shared memory object exists, and it is successfully opened for reading and writing set in oflag), the object will be truncated to zero length. The mode and owner shall remain unchanged by this function call. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: n Successful completion. n is the lowest numbered unused file descriptor for the process. Failure. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If fails, is set to one of the following values: The shared memory object exists and the permissions specified by oflag are denied, or the shared memory object does not exist and permission to create the it is denied, or is speci- fied and write permission is denied. The and are set in oflag and the named shared memory object already exists. The operation was interrupted by a signal. The operation is not supported for the given name. Too many file descriptors are currently in use by this process. The length of the name string exceeds or the length of a (pathname) component of the name string exceeds while is in effect. Too many shared memory objects are currently open in the system. The flag is not set in oflag and the named shared memory object does not exist. There are insufficient resources for the creation of the new shared memory object. is not supported by the implementation. SEE ALSO
shm_unlink(2), close(2), mmap(2), munmap(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
shm_open(2)

Featured Tech Videos