Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: View file on previous day
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting View file on previous day Post 302751139 by mackjack on Thursday 3rd of January 2013 08:40:37 AM
Old 01-03-2013
Code:
# sh test5.sh
date: bad format character - k
test5.sh: *60 + 40 : syntax error

Last edited by Scott; 01-03-2013 at 10:42 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Previous day's date in Perl?

Hi All, I want to find the previous day's date and store that in a variable, which will be usuful for further processing. Any help please. Regards, raju (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

next/Previous business day

Hello, Can you please help me how do i get previous and next working day of the week for a given date excluding saturday and sunday. Ex: if the given date is monday, i should get friday and tuesday's date if the given date is friday, i should get thrusday and monday's date. Thanks,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check File Exists and compare to previous day file script

We have data files that are ftp'd every morning to a SUN server. The file names are exactly the same except for that each has the date included in its name. I have to write script to do 2 things: STEP 1) Verify that the file arrived in morning. STEP 2) Compare the file size of the current... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbknisely
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting previous day.

Hi, i am developing a script for my project. In my script i need to check some conditions based upon some values. in that one value is the previous date. with the previous date i need to check and process some values. I have a function with me retrieve the yesterdays date. But now i have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: intiraju
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to view files from a specific date/day

I wan to view files in a directory of a specific date. For example a log directory has log files . I want to view the list of the files which were generated on 01-May-2011. Is there any option/proces to perform it?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mady135
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the previous day date and creating a file with date

Hi guys, I had a scenario... 1. I had to get the previous days date in yyyymmdd format 2. i had to create a file with Date inthe format yyyymmdd.txt format both are different thanks guys in advance.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if last modified day is previous day

Hi, I would like to write a script that checks if a file ('counter') was modified the previous day, if so erase its contents and write 00000000 into it. For e.g. if the file 'counter' was last modified at 11.30pm on 24th May and the script runs at 12.15am of 25th May, it should erase it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hegdepras
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep lines from the previous day's file

I have files called printfile.log.1121, printfile.log.1122, etc where 1121 and 1122 are the date of the file creation. The file contents are like: ================================================================================ User = d_prod Env = d_prod Dir =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move the files between Current day & a previous day

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to first capture the current day & move all the files from a particular directory based on a previous day. i.e move all the files from one directory to another based on current day & a previous day. Here is what I am trying, but it gives me errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
2 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)