Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Which is your favourite desktop? Post 302750595 by zygotb on Wednesday 2nd of January 2013 01:57:18 AM
Old 01-02-2013
No Desktop Environment.
A Window Manager is all I want.

FreeBSD 9.0 & pekwm

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

i cant get to my desktop

i just tryed to install solaris 10.. it installed fine.. but when i restarted it and tried to use it.. i get a message that says: The X server cannot be started on display :0... what do i do? :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiimcody1
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cant get into desktop

I am a newb linux user. And i am running suse 9.3 pro. When i first installed it a couple of days ago, it booted into the desktop fine the first four or five times. And not when i turn on my computer and boot linux and loads the devices, then it prompts me... UserName: Password: (which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: derekmpage
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

desktop apperances

i want to change my desktop to a darker look been to gnomelook.org and ubuntulook.org even deviant art but seem not able to find anything i like is there anybody out there that might be able to steer me into the right direction ? i know about how gtk works browsed what is available out there but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksnovice
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Which OS you use for Desktop

I am on Solaris 10 cat /etc/release Solaris 10 10/09 s10x_u8wos_08a X86 Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. Assembled 16 September 2009 (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
16 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Which is best OS for Desktop

We are going to use Linux Desktop systems. Which one will be the best option ? I prefer CentOS , but in CentOS which one ? I heard fedora will take more Ram space..!! is it ? P.S 1. Users are developers , with eclipse , java , tomcat webserver etc. 2. System Configuration ~: 2GB ,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
8 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

What is your favourite movie at the moment?

Hi, guys. What is your favourite movie at the moment? Which movie are you watching? I am watching the Thor:) (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tinna
17 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Favourite Games console

So what is everyones all time favourite games console and why do you like it? (Please - no comments on why they are better than others as that would be opinion based and cause arguments, positive comments only) (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
28 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Your favourite computer games....

Hi all, there have been a tremendous evolution in the computer games from games like Tetris or DAVE or Prince of Persia or wolf3d... to Call of Duty or BattleField or tomb raider etc etc so let us know the games which you liked the most.... you can also mention about the gaming rig you... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
32 Replies
dxdw(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   dxdw(8)

NAME
dxdw - Runs and repeats command line commands SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/X11/dxdw [-c initial_command] OPTIONS
Specifies the command to run. The command string must be enclosed in double quotes if it contains any spaces or special characters inter- preted by the shell. Display Window accepts all of the standard X Toolkit command line options, which are documented in the OPTIONS section of the X(1X) refer- ence page. DESCRIPTION
The Display Window application, dxdw, can be used to run commands at specified time intervals. You can use Display Window to: Run a command and display a transcript of the output Repeat a command at regular intervals Print the output to the default printer Save the output to a file You can use Display Window to run common commands without starting up a full xterm. The optional -c option specifies an initial command. The Display Window application presents a transcript containing the current command, its output, and its command-line error messages. You can change the command after the application starts. The transcript area is output-only, so you cannot use Display Window to run commands that require user interaction on the command line. The Display Window application can be invoked from the CDE Application Manager from the following categories: Application Group: System_Admin System Admin Subgroup: Daily Admin When the Display Window main window invoked, the transcript is empty because there is no command running. Enter a command to run in the Command input text field. Because Display Window can be started with a default initial command, several launchpoints have been created in the Application Manager to run specific command-line applications. These applications include I/O Statistics (iostat), Network Statistics (netstat), Virtual Memory Statistics (vmstat), and Who? (who). To start one of the preceding applications within Display Window from the CDE desktop: Click on the Application Manager icon on the CDE front panel. Double click on the System_Admin application group icon. Double click on the Tools application group icon. Double click on the icon for the command you want to run in the Display Window application. The Display Window application invokes the command once. The output from the command is displayed in the transcript area. You can also start Display Window from the command line. To start Display Window from the command line, enter the following: /usr/bin/X11/dxdw [-c initial_command] The -c option specifies the command string to run when Display Window is started. On the command line, the command string must be enclosed in double quotes if it contains any spaces or special characters interpreted by the shell. The command string can be any of the following: A single command A series of commands in a pipeline (|) A series of commands separated by semicolons After Display Window starts, a new command string can be entered in the Command input text field. In the graphical user interface, it is not necessary to enclose the command string in double quotes. To enter a new command string: Clear the Command input text field if a command is already present. Enter a new command string in the Com- mand input text field. Press the Return key in the Command input text field to run the command. EXAMPLES
The following example runs the iostat command one time in the Display Window application. You can use the Repeat Every dialog box to repeat the command at regular intervals. dxdw -c iostat The following examples show how to use Display Window from the command line. dxdw -c df dxdw -c "ps -aef" dxdw -c "ps -aef | grep dxdw" dxdw -c "mount; showmount" You can view the Display Window online help volume without run- ning the application. To open the Display Window help volume from the command line, enter the following command: /usr/dt/bin/dthelpview -h /usr/dt/appconfig/help/C/Dxdw.sdl FILES
Contains the Display Window application executable Contains the Display Window help volume Contains the default values for the applica- tion's X resources SEE ALSO
Commands: iostat(1), netstat(1), vmstat(1), who(1), X(1X) dxdw(8)