Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Increment value in text file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Increment value in text file Post 302750251 by rizzu1555 on Monday 31st of December 2012 08:28:08 AM
Old 12-31-2012
Thank you very much corona and rdrtx1

Brilliant this is working Smilie

Can we make it conditional ? as I wanted to increment ( $2 ) value based on third column value in the file.

For example if 3rd column's value change then 2nd column value should reset to 1 again and then repeat after each 5k records and so on?

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment userid in file

Hello, does anyone know how to increment a userid(number) written in any scripting language that works on a shell? For example: I have a HTML file in this format: userid: name: telephone: Every time I execute my script it adds the same fields, except with the userid incremented. Like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavu88
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to look for the last file and rename it (sequencially, increment by one)

I need to Ftp a file to a UNIX directory from a windows directory, the file needs to be put sequencially in the UNIX directory , for example: I get the file from the windows directory with the following name. EFT###.DAT, the script needs to look in the UNIX directory and if there are files, for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment #'s in text file hourly

I have a text file with a number "001". I am trying to change this number every hour and increment by "1". So every hour it would add +1 to that number. I am able to change the file with sed but unable to have it increment it by "1" without me adding that to the sed command. Any help is... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: noob33
23 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file and increment

My scripts excepts 4 files ABCD_01 ABCD_02 ABCD_03 ABCD_04 I want to check for these files , and increment counter one by one . at the end i would like to echo as 4 of 4 expected instances of file found . I tried something like thsi $counter =1 if counter=counter+1 i need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File existence and increment

count=0; while read line; do ] && let count=count+1; done < file_name.txt echo echo "$count of 10 files found " echo The scenario is a follows : I have a file which contains a list of filenames present in particular directory . I am checking fo the existence of the file and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment a value in a configuration file.

Experts, I would appreciate if someone took the time to express there opinion /approach in creating a new change daily to a configuration file. I create a new log file each day and I wish to have a browser based reader display the new file. To achieve this I would need to create a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To increment the values from the file

Hi I have the file called "file.txt" which contains the following output $cat file.txt sandy <version>1</version> karen <version>2</version> Rob <version>3</version> peter <version>4</version> i want to write a command which will add the value 1 to the digits and show the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidh_arth85
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment Numbers in File

Hello, I have a text file withe some records 20121031|5 20121030|3 20121029|1 20121028|4 20121027|6 I want to search for a patten with '20121030' and then increment the second part of the delimiter i.e. 3 by 1 to make it 4 to look like 20121031|5 20121030|4 20121029|1 20121028|4... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthiv
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a REGEX to increment the file number of a pdf file

Hello, I have a few thousand .pdf files in various folders each have a naming scheme like this: 006_-_Titled_Document_#34_-_September-25-2011-side-1.pdf In each folder, the number system starts at 001 (as you see on the far left of the file name), and then ends at 999 (maximum .pdf files).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment existing column in file

Hi All, I have a file with 3 millions records in which 3rd column is same throughout say its value is 0 throughout.for example: Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 A 1 0 5 B 2 0 6 C 3 0 7 D 4 0 9 I want my output as : Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 A 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pinky456
4 Replies
DB2_FIELD_DISPLAY_SIZE(3)						 1						 DB2_FIELD_DISPLAY_SIZE(3)

db2_field_display_size - Returns the maximum number of bytes required to display a column

SYNOPSIS
int db2_field_display_size (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the maximum number of bytes required to display a column in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer value with the maximum number of bytes required to display the specified column. If the column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_display_size(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_type(3), db2_field_width(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_DISPLAY_SIZE(3)