Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware cp does not like filenames with accents? Post 302750069 by stf92 on Sunday 30th of December 2012 07:37:27 PM
Old 12-30-2012
cp does not like filenames with accents?

Hi:
Code:
mkisofs -graft-points -rational-rock -joliet -joliet-long -full-iso9660-filenames -iso-level 2 -o /tmp/image.iso  STORE1/=/almacen/strauss

In /almacen/strauss there are filenames containing not only spaces but accented characters as well. I burned the image to DVD, with the result that all spaces and accents were conserved. This seems to contradict use of the option -full-iso9660-filenames as well as -iso-level 2, and has an undesirable side effect, as will be seen.

I now copy the DVD to the hard disk, and if the current directory is in an NTFS partition, I get
Code:
$ cp -r /mnt/cd0/STORE1 . 
cp: cannot create regular file 'some_file_name': Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character.

for those filenames that contain an accent.

Any way to avoid this cp error?

Slackware 14.0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error When Print Accents

I like to know how to print accent when use the command lp -d <file>. This <file> contain the following accents (e.g. é, á, ê, ã, ç) and anothers accents, please i need to help. thank´s (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edvaldo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

spaces in filenames

I have a problem with the script below #!/bin/sh for vo in `find -maxdepth 1 -type f -regex "^\./*$"` do ls -l "$vo" some other commands done It works fine until `find ...` returns files with spaces. I've tryed to change IFS but haven't succeed Any solutions? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove accents and symbols with sed

Hi, I would like to know how could I remove accentes and the symbols: º and ª of a text file with sed. Whis this command doesn't works :-( sed "s/í/i/g" filename Many thanks and sorry for my english! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
7 Replies

4. Programming

Unicode filenames in C++?

I'm trying to figure out how to support Unicode or atleast an unsigned char in the d_name of struct dirent The problem i'm facing is that I'm checking file names for special characters and obviously the "char d_name" doesn't like it. I'm looping through the directory and getting the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2432
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting filenames

Hi I need to pull out the name of the file from the path. See, here is my loop that gets the files: dsxdir="/var/local/dsx/import" for dsxfile in $dsxdir/*.dsx; do dsxlog $reverb --info --module="$module" "$dsxfile" $dsximp $norule $oprange --dsn=$dsn --dbname=$dbname... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

renaming filenames

I have 7 files with 7 different names coming into a specified folder on weekly basis, i need to pick a file one after another and load into oracle table using sql loader. I am using ksh to do this. So in the process if the file has error records and if sql loader fails to load into oracle tables,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpv0002
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating Filenames

Hi Folks, I'm looking for some ideas on how to change some file names. I'm pretty sure I need to use sed or awk but they still escape me. The files I have are like: VOD0615 NEW Blades R77307.pdf or VOD0615_NEW_Blades_R77307.pdf and what I want after processing is: R77307 NEW Blades.pdf ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
5 Replies

8. AIX

filemon with no filenames...

i excuted filemon with filemon -u -o /tmp/filemon.out -O all;sleep 60; trcstop. everything is ok, but i only get PID for filenames in Most Active Files. is there any different flags i need to use to get filenames? Code tags please, thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: curtis911
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

get filenames from log

Hi. I'm trying to get the names of files from a log file, without the path and special characters. I have a file that contains lines like this: '/path/to/files/file00010000070874.EXT' '/path/to/files/file00010000070875.EXT' '/path/to/files/file00010000070876.EXT'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hekm
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get filenames without timestamp

Hi, In my previous post I looked for timestamp to be added to the filename https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/230603-how-append-timestamp-filenames-using-find.html Now how do I select those files that do not have timestamp in the filenames. I tried the following. My file has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
3 Replies
ISO-INFO(1)							   User Commands						       ISO-INFO(1)

NAME
iso-info - manual page for iso-info version 0.83 i686-pc-linux-gnu SYNOPSIS
iso-info OPTION... Shows Information about an ISO 9660 image. DESCRIPTION
-d, --debug=INT Set debugging to LEVEL -i, --input[=FILE] Filename to read ISO-9960 image from -f Generate output similar to 'find . -print' -l, --iso9660 Generate output similar to 'ls -lR' --no-header Don't display header and copyright (for regression testing) --no-joliet Don't use Joliet-extension information --no-rock-ridge Don't use Rock-Ridge-extension information --no-xa Don't use XA-extension information -q, --quiet Don't produce warning output -V, --version display version and copyright information and exit Help options: -?, --help Show this help message --usage Display brief usage message AUTHOR
Rocky Bernstein <rocky@gnu.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2011 R. Bernstein This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Have driver: GNU/Linux ioctl and MMC driver Have driver: cdrdao (TOC) disk image driver Have driver: bin/cuesheet disk image driver Have driver: Nero NRG disk image driver Default CD-ROM device: /dev/scd0 SEE ALSO
cd-info(1) for information about an ISO-9660 image. cd-read(1) to read portions of an ISO 9660 image. iso-info version 0.83 i686-pc-linux-gnu October 2011 ISO-INFO(1)