Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Efficient rewrite of code?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Efficient rewrite of code? Post 302750067 by rdcwayx on Sunday 30th of December 2012 07:35:42 PM
Old 12-30-2012
You need show us some samples on log file:

Code:
LOGFILE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache Rewrite help!

I am trying to write RewriteRule on Apache_1.3.26 to get users web page from another server. for example if users tries to get web page on www.somedomain.com/~usersname it will get the web page from www.testdomain.com/~username without redirect and users will not be aware of any redirect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I rewrite to use a while instead of find?

for FILE in `find /home/Upload/*` Need to use a while instead to prevent errors when the file is emptied (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodmis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep help, how do i rewrite this

Thanks , franklin you method worked, i knew i had to use a while loop and getline in there just didnt know the proper order :) Hi everyone, im trying to make the following command line shorter by introducing a script that join up all the grep commands ./new1a < numbers.txt | grep -i -v '^a '... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: weezybaby
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rewrite date

I'm looking to have function that takes the present month and rewrites it into this form: _06_ (june), _09_ (september), and so on.. I would like this to be a my $this_month=code that rewrites date function because I would like to be a able to call it multiple times in the script by writing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marringi
5 Replies

5. Programming

Making FORTRAN code more efficient

Hi, I have a very large, very old FORTRAN code that I work with. The code is quite messy and I was wondering if I can speed up execution time by finding subroutines that code execution spends the most time in. Is there any kind of software I can use to see where the code spends most of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rks171
1 Replies

6. Web Development

Need help with rewrite rule

Hi, I hosted my site on Apache web server. I wanted to redirect all the users request to a HTML page(maintenance page). I used the below rewrite rule to do ths same. RewriteEngine on RewriteRule .* /maintenance.html The maintenance.html page contains an image. When ever I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSrikanthB
2 Replies

7. Programming

Help with make this Fortran code more efficient (in HPC manner)

Hi there, I had run into some fortran code to modify. Obviously, it was written without thinking of high performance computing and not parallelized... Now I would like to make the code "on track" and parallel. After a whole afternoon thinking, I still cannot find where to start. Can any one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: P_E_M_Lee
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail Rewrite Ruleset

Hi all, I like to write a rule which do the following: INPUT ADDRESS REWRITTEN TO ----------------------------- ----------------------------- foo.bar@sub.domain.com bar@domain.com foo@othersub.domain.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashily
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Efficient shell script code

Hi all, I am working on an extremely large collection of text data (about 2 million XML files) in a directory. I have changed the extension from .xml to .dat. Right now I am using this code to remove the XML tags, but the code is way too slow. It seems that it is taking fore-ever: #ls -1 *.dat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

10. Linux

Rewrite proxypass

Hi, I have a Apache 2.0 web server. When a users comes in to sitea.com a check is applied if the path ends with *t*, the user hits a rewrite rule that adds an environment variable called x is hit with a proxypass. This has worked successfully in the past, but recently I added another rewrite... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3junior
0 Replies
XZGREP(1)							     XZ Utils								 XZGREP(1)

NAME
xzgrep - search compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
xzgrep [grep_options] [-e] pattern file... xzegrep ... xzfgrep ... lzgrep ... lzegrep ... lzfgrep ... DESCRIPTION
xzgrep invokes grep(1) on files which may be either uncompressed or compressed with xz(1), lzma(1), gzip(1), or bzip2(1). All options specified are passed directly to grep(1). If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep(1). When reading from standard input, gzip(1) and bzip2(1) compressed files are not supported. If xzgrep is invoked as xzegrep or xzfgrep then egrep(1) or fgrep(1) is used instead of grep(1). The same applies to names lzgrep, lze- grep, and lzfgrep, which are provided for backward compatibility with LZMA Utils. ENVIRONMENT
GREP If the GREP environment variable is set, xzgrep uses it instead of grep(1), egrep(1), or fgrep(1). SEE ALSO
grep(1), xz(1), gzip(1), bzip2(1), zgrep(1) Tukaani 2009-07-05 XZGREP(1)