Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Move all files with pattern in filename Post 302749821 by Corona688 on Saturday 29th of December 2012 02:39:34 PM
Old 12-29-2012
You can get busybox for windows which will have most of the usual commands contained in one exe file. No installation necessary at all.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to move files into different folders based on filename

I need to move a bunch of files into folders that have the same name. I wanted to either do this with some filter command or some type of batch file that I could save that would already include all of the mv commands since I will have to do this process often. Whatever method you think is easier. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: italia5
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files based on Pattern don't work

Hi people, i need you help on this if you can. I have a script that does the move command when it searches for a that doesn't match the pattern. This Pattern is on a list. When it run's and doesn´t found no files but it haves 2 more folders it moves the folders too. Ex:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: osramos
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

want to move files in a dir into different directories based on the filename

I want to move the files in a dir to different dirs based on their file names. Ex: i have 4 different files with name - CTS_NONE_10476031_MRL_PFT20081215a.txt CTS_NONE_10633009_MRL_PFT20091020a.txt CTS_NONE_10345673_MRL_PFT20081215a.txt CTS_NONE_10872456_MRL_PFT20091020a.txt and the 1st... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to move files in a dir into different directories based on the filename

I want to move the files in a dir to different dirs based on their file names. Ex: i have 4 different files with name - CTS_NONE_10476031_MRL_PFT20081215a.txt CTS_NONE_10633009_MRL_PFT20091020a.txt CTS_NONE_10345673_MRL_PFT20081215a.txt CTS_NONE_10872456_MRL_PFT20091020a.txt and the 1st... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move file based on filename

Hi All I need a script to manipulate files based on a filename: example filename: 66600_042706.pdf the script will create a directory 66000 only if this directory is not existing. If that directory is existing it will just move the file to 66000/666000_042706.pdf in addition, i want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemestech
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files based on date in filename

I know this gets covered quite a bit in the forum and I think there is enough there for me to figure out how to do what I am trying to do, I just don't think I would do it very efficiently so I am going to ask the question... I have database log files with date and time stamps in the file like ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slatoms
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

move files according to dated filename

hi, i am new to linux and stuck to moving files according to filename. i have PDF files, named like 20110131_125023.pdf (YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS.pdf) i want to move those files to the subfolders YYYY/MM/ on monthly basis. thanks for any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igmox
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files from source to destination directory based on the filename

Move all files starting with a specific name to different directory. This shell script program should have three parameters File Name Source Directory Destination Directory User should be able to enter ‘AB_CD*' in file name parameter. In this case all the files starting with AB_CD will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files based on specific MMDDYYYY pattern in filename

Hi Unix gurus, I am trying to remove the filenames based on MMDDYYYY in the physical name as such so that the directory always has the recent 3 files based on MMDDYYYY. "HHMM" is just dummy in this case. You wont have two files with different HHMM on the same day. For example in a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankar1dada
4 Replies
usual(n)							     [incr Tk]								  usual(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
usual - access default option-handling commands for a mega-widget component SYNOPSIS
usual ?tag? ?commands? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The usual command is used outside of an [incr Tcl] class definition to define the usual set of option-handling commands for a component widget. Option-handling commands are used when a component is registered with the Archetype base class via the "itk_component add" method. They specify how the component's configuration options should be integrated into the composite option list for the mega-widget. Options can be kept, renamed, or ignored, as described in the Archetype man page. It is tedious to include the same declarations again and again whenever components are added. The usual command allows a standard code fragment to be registered for each widget class, which is used by default to handle the options. All of the standard Tk widgets have usual declarations defined in the [incr Tk] library. Similar usual declarations should be created whenever a new mega-widget class is conceived. Only the most-generic options should be included in the usual declaration. The tag name is usually the name of a widget class, which starts with a capital letter; however, any string registered here can be used later with the usual command described on the Archetype man page. If the commands argument is specified, it is associated with the tag string, and can be accessed later via itk_component add. If only the tag argument is specified, this command looks for an existing tag name and returns the commands associated with it. If there are no commands associated with tag, this command returns the null string. If no arguments are specified, this command returns a list of all tag names previously registered. EXAMPLE
Following is the usual declaration for the standard Tk button widget: itk::usual Button { keep -background -cursor -foreground -font keep -activebackground -activeforeground -disabledforeground keep -highlightcolor -highlightthickness rename -highlightbackground -background background Background } Only the options that would be common to all buttons in a single mega-widget are kept or renamed. Options like "-text" that would be unique to a particular button are ignored. KEYWORDS
itk, Archetype, component, mega-widget itk 3.0 usual(n)