Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Customizing XUbuntu 12.04 Live CD - Start my Exe Automatically Post 302749047 by DGPickett on Thursday 27th of December 2012 11:40:18 AM
Old 12-27-2012
Whose bash appears? Does this user have sudo to do what is needed? It souinds like something for an init rc script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting postfix tyo start automatically

Postfix has an initscript just like sendmail did so while logged in as root, simply type: ntsysv and select postfix. The message above is from the Redhat postifx FAQ. I tried running ntsysv and postfix is not listed as a selection. I can start postfix manually without any problems, but I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmgrady01
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to start Oracle database automatically

How to start Oracle database automatically when after SunSolaris is being re-booted? TIA, Greg (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greg0320
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to login remotly to server and start exe

Hello Unix Guru I need help to write the shell script My requirement is i have to start exe in unix hosts ( 20 unix server) through shell script . currently i have to login to all host rlogin -l testadmin servername /users/testadmin/bolt/ source boltsrc ./executor start ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getdpg
1 Replies

4. Programming

how to start a c++ exe on unix from windows.

I'm very new to c++ & unix programming. I have a c++ exe that runs on the unix box, but I am trying to write a c++ windows app that executes the program on unix. I have tried execv(), but it doesn't seem to work or I'm doing something wrong. Would really like to see examples if at all possible. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch5082
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Customizing Terminal in Live Linux Distro

I'm creating a python script to load a configuration to gnome-terminal immediately after a Live Boot. I must run it in super-user mode, because I shut down some services first. After this, I want to configure gnome-terminal. The problem is that if I run it as super-user, it successfully shuts... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: misfitplanet
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

start some services automatically

Hello All i have a question related to some services,i want to start some services with server linux centos. i make "chkconfig httpd on" and "chkconfig asterisk on",but when i verify with chkconfig --list i found httpd 0: off 1: off 2: on 3: on 4: on 5: on 6:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bernard12
6 Replies

7. Solaris

vfstab enteries automatically added during live upgrade

i am trying to patch a solaris 10 server using live upgrade. issue is, when i create a new BE and activate it during reboot the file system that are mounted but doesnt have an entry in vfstab are automatically added in vfstab of new BE. looks like live upgrade uses df -h output as reference... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
0 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

XUbuntu Live CD customizing using uck-gui. - Splash screen not changing

Hi all, I am customizing the Xubuntu 12.04 live cd.. Using uck-gui , i extracted the iso file and mounted in a location. Can anyone please help me out how to proceed with removing the splash screen ( the screen that gives loading image with xubuntu logo) or to change the logo that is in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XUbuntu Live CD customizing using uck-gui. - Splash screen not changing

Hi all, I am customizing the Xubuntu 12.04 live cd.. Using uck-gui , i extracted the iso file and mounted in a location. Can anyone please help me out how to proceed with removing the splash screen ( the screen that gives loading image with xubuntu logo) or to change the logo that is in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
1 Replies

10. Linux

How to start pc automatically when power comes (Server)?

Can anyone tell me how to start pc automatically when power comes, here I just want to start server automatically, on boot, my server starts automatically because I have written some startup commands in rc.local file but if power fails, then how can I boot automatically (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies
SERVICE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							SERVICE(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script or systemd unit in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT, or the name of a systemd unit. The existence of a systemd unit of the same name as a script in /etc/init.d will cause the unit to take precedence over the init.d script. The supported val- ues of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. For systemd units, start, stop, status, and reload are passed through to their systemctl/initctl equivalents. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. The status is [ + ] for running services, [ - ] for stopped services and [ ? ] for services without a status command. This option only calls status for sysvinit jobs. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. /{lib,run,etc}/systemd/system The directories containing systemd units. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, LANGUAGE, LC_CTYPE, LC_NUMERIC, LC_TIME, LC_COLLATE, LC_MONETARY, LC_MESSAGES, LC_PAPER, LC_NAME, LC_ADDRESS, LC_TELEPHONE, LC_MEA- SUREMENT, LC_IDENTIFICATION, LC_ALL, TERM, PATH The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton update-rc.d(8) init(8) invoke-rc.d(8) systemctl(1) AUTHOR
Miloslav Trmac <mitr@redhat.com>, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> Licence: GNU Public Licence v2 (GPLv2) COPYRIGHT
2006 Red Hat, Inc., Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> Jan 206 SERVICE(8)