Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extract common data out of multiple files Post 302748791 by sathyaonnuix on Thursday 27th of December 2012 02:00:51 AM
Old 12-27-2012
Hello Mukul,
Thanks for your feedback. When grep -l command is used, it suppresses the repetition.

Code:
# cat file
repeat
repeat
repeat

Code:
# grep -lw repeat file
file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to rename multiple files with a common suffix

Hi, There are multiple files like file1_11 file2_11 file3_11.....and so on. How to rename them such tht the suffix _11 is removed and they become file1, file2, file3. Any help is appreciated. Regards er_ashu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get common lines from multiple files

FileA chr1 31237964 NP_001018494.1 PUM1 M340L chr1 31237964 NP_055491.1 PUM1 M340L chr1 33251518 NP_037543.1 AK2 H191D chr1 33251518 NP_001616.1 AK2 H191D chr1 57027345 NP_001004303.2 C1orf168 P270S FileB chr1 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK, extract data from multiple files

Hi, I'm using AWK to try to extract data from multiple files (*.txt). The script should look for a flag that occurs at a specific position in each file and it should return the data to the right of that flag. I should end up with one line for each file, each containing 3 columns:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using AWK: Extract data from multiple files and output to multiple new files

Hi, I'd like to process multiple files. For example: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt Each file contains several lines of data. I want to extract a piece of data and output it to a new file. file1.txt ----> newfile1.txt file2.txt ----> newfile2.txt file3.txt ----> newfile3.txt Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Liverpaul09
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract common words from two/more csv files

I have two (or more, to make it generic) csv files. Each line contains words separated by comma. None of words have any space. The number of words per line is not fixed. Some may have one, and some may have 12... The number of lines per file is also not fixed. What I need is to find common words... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick2011
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find common lines between multiple files

Hello everyone A few years Ago the user radoulov posted a fancy solution for a problem, which was about finding common lines (gene variation names) between multiple samples (files). The code was: awk 'END { for (R in rec) { n = split(rec, t, "/") if (n > 1) dup = dup ?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibb
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files, and extract items that are common to ALL files only

I have this code awk 'NR==FNR{a=$1;next} a' file1 file2 which does what I need it to do, but for only two files. I want to make it so that I can have multiple files (for example 30) and the code will return only the items that are in every single one of those files and ignore the ones... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data in tabular format from multiple files

Hi, I have directory with multiple files from which i need to extract portion of specif lines and insert it in a new file, the new file will contain a separate columns for each file data. Example: I need to extract Value_1 & Value_3 from all files and insert in output file as below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: belalr
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get both common and missing values from multiple files

Hi, I have 5 files with two columns. I need to merge all the 5 files based on column 1. If any of them are missing then corresponding 2nd column should be substituted by missing value. I know hoe to do this for 2 files. but how can I implement for 5 files. I tried this based on 5 files but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multiple files with common header

Hi all, Say i have multiple files x1 x2 x3 x4, all with common header (date, time, year, age),, How can I merge them to one singe file "X" in shell scripting Thanks for your suggestions. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarguru
2 Replies
Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Generic(3pm) 	User Contributed Perl Documentation	   Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Generic(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Generic - Generic template parser SYNOPSIS
$plugin = Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Generic->new( $lexicon # A Locale::Maketext::Extract object @file_types # Optionally specify a list of recognised file types ) $plugin->extract($filename,$filecontents); DESCRIPTION
Extracts strings to localise from generic templates. SHORT PLUGIN NAME
generic VALID FORMATS
Strings inside {{...}} are extracted. KNOWN FILE TYPES
All file types SEE ALSO
xgettext.pl for extracting translatable strings from common template systems and perl source files. Locale::Maketext::Lexicon Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Base Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::FormFu Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Perl Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::TT2 Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::YAML Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Mason Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::TextTemplate AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2002-2008 by Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org>. This software is released under the MIT license cited below. The "MIT" License Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. perl v5.14.2 2010-08-10 Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Generic(3pm)