Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file Post 302747885 by ripat on Sunday 23rd of December 2012 02:41:36 PM
Old 12-23-2012
Here you go. A bit tedious to obscure a Google contacts file. This one contains 3 records.

Last edited by ripat; 12-23-2012 at 03:50 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing xml file using Sed

Hi All, I have this(.xml) file as: <!-- define your instance here --> <instance name='ins_C2Londondev' user='' group='' fullname='B2%20-%20London%20(dev)' > <property> </property> </instance> I want output as: <!-- define your instance here --> <instance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilkinha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML file parsing using script

Hi I need some help with XML file parsing. I have an XML file with the below tag, I need a script to identify the value of srvcName which is this case is "AAA srvc name". I need to put contents of this value which is AAA srvc and name into different variables using an array and then reformat it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zmfcat1
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help parsing a XML file ....

Well I have read several threads on the subject ... but being a newbie like me makes it hard to understand ... What I need is the following: Input data: ------- snip --------- <FavouriteLocations> <FavouriteLocations class="FavouriteList"><Item... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: misak
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing xml file

hi guys, great help to the original question, can i expand please? i have large files filled with blocks like this <Placemark> network type: hot line1 line2 line3 <styleUrl>red.png</styleUrl> </Placemark> <Placemark> network type: cold line1 line2 line3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garvald
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in parsing xml file (sed/nawk)

I have a large xml file as shown below: <input> <blah> <blah> <atr="blah blah value = ""> <blah> <blah> </input> ..2nd chunk... ..3rd chunk... ...4th chunk... All lines between <input> and </input> is one 'order' and this 'order' is repeated... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing xml file

Hello! We need to parse weblogic config.xml file and display rows in format: machine:listen-port:name:application_name In our enviroment the output should be (one line for every instance): Crm-Test-Web:8001:PIA:peoplesoft Crm-Test-Web:8011:PIA:peoplesoft... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: annar
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing an XML file

Hello, I have the following xml file as an input. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <RECORDS PS3_VERSION="1104_01"><RECORD> <POI_ID>931</POI_ID> <SUPPLIER_ID>2</SUPPLIER_ID> <POI_PVID>997920846</POI_PVID> <DB_ID>1366650925</DB_ID> <REGION>H1</REGION> <POI_NAME NAME_TYPE="Official"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing XML file

I want to parse xml file sample file....... <name locale="en">my_name<>/name><lastChanged>somedate</lastChanged><some more code here> <name locale="en">tablename1<>/name><lastChanged>somedate</lastChanged> <definition><dbquery><sources><sql type="cognos">select * from... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ms2001
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing xml file

Hi, Need help with parsing xml data in unix and place it in a csv file. My xml file looks like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> <iwgroups> <nextid value="128"> </nextid> <iwgroup name="RXapproval" id="124" display-name="RXapproval"... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
11 Replies
RFXCLOCK(1)							  ICI executables						       RFXCLOCK(1)

NAME
rfxclock - ION daemon task for managing scheduled events SYNOPSIS
rfxclock DESCRIPTION
rfxclock is a background "daemon" task that periodically applies scheduled changes in node connectivity and range to the ION node's database. It is spawned automatically by ionadmin in response to the 's' command that starts operation of the ION node infrastructure, and it is terminated by ionadmin in response to an 'x' (STOP) command. Once per second, rfxclock takes the following action: For each neighboring node that has been refusing custody of bundles sent to it to be forwarded to some destination node, to which no such bundle has been sent for at least N seconds (where N is twice the one-way light time from the local node to this neighbor), rfxclock turns on a probeIsDue flag authorizing transmission of the next such bundle in hopes of learning that this neighbor is now able to accept custody. Then rfxclock purges the database of all range and contact information that is no longer applicable, based on the stop times of the records. Finally, rfxclock applies to the database all range and contact information that is currently applicable, i.e., those records whose start times are before the current time and whose stop times are in the future. EXIT STATUS
0 rfxclock terminated, for reasons noted in the ion.log file. If this termination was not commanded, investigate and solve the problem identified in the log file and use ionadmin to restart rfxclock. 1 rfxclock was unable to attach to the local ION node, probably because ionadmin has not yet been run. FILES
No configuration files are needed. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables apply. DIAGNOSTICS
The following diagnostics may be issued to the ion.log log file: rfxclock can't attach to ION. ionadmin has not yet initialized the ION database. Can't apply ranges. An unrecoverable database error was encountered. rfxclock terminates. Can't apply contacts. An unrecoverable database error was encountered. rfxclock terminates. Can't purge ranges. An unrecoverable database error was encountered. rfxclock terminates. Can't purge contacts. An unrecoverable database error was encountered. rfxclock terminates. BUGS
Report bugs to <ion-bugs@korgano.eecs.ohiou.edu> SEE ALSO
ionadmin(1) perl v5.14.2 2012-05-25 RFXCLOCK(1)