Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with ksh script to list files, cp it to another UNIX server Post 302747801 by chococrunch6 on Sunday 23rd of December 2012 01:02:56 AM
Old 12-23-2012
thank you!

another newbie question.. what does "$0" for?

Regards,
Choco

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Utility or script for renaming files on UNIX web server

Greetings! Does anyone know of a utility or a script for renaming files on a UNIX web server? I've seen several of these types of renaming utilities for Windows, but none for UNIX. I have 10,000 files that I need to rename in a several tier (deep) web site directory. I have the original... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: everettr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing script in UNIX for copying files in two server

can anyone help me in writing script in UNIX for copying files in two server from the third server after checking the files in the third server and if there is anything new in the third server automatically it should be added to the rest of the two servers and if same file is existing in the two... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: REKHA09
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to ftp the files from windows to unix server

Hi, I need to ftp some input files from windows to unix server.All the files will be saved in the C drive in my machine. Currently all these files are transferring manually to the unix server.I need to write a shell script which ftp the files from windows to unix box.When I searched in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH fetching files from server A onto server B and putting on server C

Dear Friends, Sorry for this basic request. But I just started learning Ksh recently and still I am a newbie in this field. Q: I have files on one server and the date format is 20121001000009_224625.in which has year (yyyy) month (mm) and date (dd). I have these files on server A. The task... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with ksh script to list, then cp files from a user input date range

Hi, I'm quite new to ksh scripting, can someone help me with this. Requirements: I need to create a script that list the files from a user input date range. e. g. format of file: *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00* *c1*log.2012-12-22-14-00*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chococrunch6
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX ksh Copy Files Script

I need a UNIX ksh script that counts the number of files in directory, if the files exceed 20 files, then email results. I want the script to run every hour.. I don't have access to cron.. I'm some what new to UNIX. Windows guy all my career.. this is what I have so far.. #!/bin/ksh # count.sh ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PerlHaven2k
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in ksh Script to list files older than 365 days from specified directories

Requirement is to list the files older than 365 days from multiple directories and delete them and log the list of files which are deleted to a log file. so 1 script should only list files older than 365 days for each directory separately to a folder The other script should read these files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
7 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Question(3)