Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed -i option giving error no such file or directory Post 302746993 by yahoo on Thursday 20th of December 2012 10:47:50 AM
Old 12-20-2012
sed -i option giving error no such file or directory

I created a shell with sed -i option. It is giving error - No such file or directory

Ex -

Code:

sed -i 's/yes/no' yes.txt
sed -i 's/why/where' yes.txt
sed -i 's/when/how' yes.txt

Error - :No such file or directory

When I run single line in my script say sed -i 's/yes/no' yes.txt it works

PLEASE HELP ASAP

Last edited by Scott; 12-20-2012 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed option to delete two words within a file

Could someone please help me with the following. I'm trying to figure out how to delete two words within a specific file using sed. The two words are directory and named. I have tried the following: sed '//d' sedfile sed '//d' sedfile both of these options do not work..... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klannon
4 Replies

2. Solaris

giving write access to selective users to a certain directory in solaris 10

Hi all, how can i grant write access to a selective users only with write access to a certain filesystem/directory in solaris 10. Please help..i tried "fs setacl"...does not seem to work Please adv..thanks in advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read/Search file being written to giving error due to timing issues

The following is a piece of code to rename LOG_FILE_NEW to LOG_FILE once you get a result (either RUNNING or SHUTDOWN) RESULT="" sleep 30 while ; do sleep 10 RESULT=`sed -n '/RUNNING/'p ${LOG_FILE_NEW}` if ; then RESULT=`sed -n '/SHUTTING_DOWN/'p ${LOG_FILE_NEW}` fi done mv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonorous
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed -i option example

Can anyone give detailed and example for sed -i option. Where can we use this option?:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed in vi - \r and \n not giving desired results

I use many different machines at work, each with different versions of o/s's and installed applications. Sed in vi is particularly inconvenient in the sense that sometimes it will accept the "\r" as a carriage return, sometimes not. Same thing with "\n". For instance, if I have a list of hosts... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -n option

Hi i am facing problem with sed -n option could you please help me on this, i have a file test the contents of the file is width="75">10/0 4/12</td>^M><a href='courtorders/100412zr.pdf' target="_blank">Miscellaneous Order</a></td>^M width="75">10/01/12</td>^M><a href='courtorde... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragilla
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What option will use for deleting directory with all its contents?

Hi How to completely delete directory with all it contents I try to use rmdir -r but it give error Thanks ---------- Post updated at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:52 AM ---------- Hi all I got the solution for my thread i use mkdir with the option -p Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tauatioti
1 Replies

9. AIX

Opening a file in vi editor is giving out of memory error

Below is the error: Out of memory saving lines for undo - try using ed : Please help me how do I open this file. Best regards, Vishal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replace is giving me sore thumbs

I want to replace only the exact match of string inside the file with another value during the run time. So, I have a file filename.txt where contents are: version="1.0.7", url="https://google.com/_api/version=GBMaster" now in my script I have variable and tried to replace the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
3 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)