Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash/cron issues
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash/cron issues Post 302746653 by gmenfan83 on Wednesday 19th of December 2012 08:55:02 PM
Old 12-19-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipinajith
BTW only some versions of cron allow to use */5. You can replace it with 5, also redirect stderr to another file:-
Code:
5 * * * *  . .profile; /Users/gmenfan83/commit.sh >> /Users/gmenfan83/cron.log 2>/Users/gmenfan83/error.log

Thank you, hopefully this works

---------- Post updated at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:37 PM ----------

Still nothing, I am truly stumped! Like I said the script runs great once manually invoked, the error log is empty as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Cron issues

I am on AS3 Update 4 Linux and am having an issue with an automated ftp script, I tried using the fd/sub proc method and that did not seem to work either. I normally use the following method to perform my ftp's but for some reason it works if I launch the script at the command line but in Cron it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanthomas
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP connection Bash script issues

Hello I need assistance with a bash script that needs to tell me whether in the last "x" days (which is a variable) anyone connected to the xxxx IP (which is another variable). Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Melchiah
1 Replies

3. Solaris

cron / crontab issues - solaris 10

I am having some issues with my cronjobs not running in solaris 10. Cron is running: ~> ps -ef | grep cron root 202 1 0 Jul 18 ? 0:01 /usr/sbin/cron bender 1646 1562 0 01:57:49 syscon 0:00 grep cron crontab -l lists the cronjob and I *think* its in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script issues

Hi. The below part of my bash script kicks out the following error message: $ ./extract_eod_report_stats_new.sh 2010-04-23 ./extract_eod_report_stats_new.sh: line 204: syntax error near unexpected token `(' ./extract_eod_report_stats_new.sh: line 204: `TRANSACTIONS_RECEIVED_TOP=`grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peter.Lovell
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script issues

So what i am trying to do is write a script that takes in any number of scrambeled words and unscrambles them. I have already addressed the issues of partial matches, exits silently if there are no matches, and finds words regardless of case that they were input. but while trying to get it so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alindner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: renaming file issues.

Hi, i want to rename a group of directories and files of my music, some items are like this: - , for directories. - , for files. I want to do something like this: , for directories. , for files. This is my code: #!/bin/bash for fname in *.mp3; do echo item: $fname mv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josco1982
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix bash script (mv issues);

Hey guys, I've registered here as I need urgent help. This is assignment for school and as you can see below I've completed the work. I'm simply stuck on one area. :wall: This script takes the first parameter (which is to be the new extension) and each parameter after that is a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cynosure
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron security issues?

Does the use of cron (HP-UX 11) present a security risk IF it is only given to accounts which have shell access anyway. If it does present a risk, what is the risk? Can a script (or command) run via cron; run anything, write anywhere or read anywhere that the same user can not do outside of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eileenkeeney
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Case Issues..

Hi, I'm having some trouble with using "case...esac" in Bash. I've googled it and am stuggling to understand the syntax and how to do certain things. Firstly, I want to be able to choose a case based on a variable number For example, I have in my code a place where a user can enter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ste_Moore01
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Db2 command issues with cron

Hi, I have a very simple script that queries from a DB2 table. The script has 3 parts - (i) Sets the db2profile (ii) connects to db2 using credentials (iii) executes the query.This script works fine if i run it manually from the command prompt. However when scheduled in crontab, it proceeds... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeePee
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)