Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic bash, echo in loop for
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Basic bash, echo in loop for Post 302745957 by Dabless on Tuesday 18th of December 2012 12:41:04 PM
Old 12-18-2012
I did chmod 700 on mrnet.log, I still have the issues. My Linux is in french, and I don't know how to trap the code tags I can take you a screen shot if you want

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A basic question of FOR loop

Hi, have a basic query. Please see the below code: list="one two three" for var in $list ; do echo $var list="nolist" Done Wht if I want to print only first/ last line in the list Eg one & three Regards er_ashu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic bash 'for loop' usage

Hi! I have a simple question about using a for loop. I'm trying to open up all the zip files in the currect directory with ark, but I am getting the error "bash: syntax error near unexpected token `for $i ; do ark $i ; done ; I looked in the info pages for bash, but I can't seem to figure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orange Stripes
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

really basic for loop question

sorry for being dumb here, but is there a way my for loop can take an entire line of a file into consideration instead of each word in a line... ill explain if i have a file like this # cat list serial: 23124 hostname: server1 and a script that does this # cat list.sh #!/bin/sh ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic While loop won't exit...

Hi everyone - just like to say great forum...I've learned a lot off here but I just can't figure this one out...(first post) I'm writing a script to monitor a directory and email the latest modified file....(I realize there are better ways than I'm trying here...I don't like copying and pasting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevthefatty
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to run a basic for loop

OS : RHEL 6.1 Shell : Bash I had a similair post on this a few weeks back. But I didn't explain my requirements clearly then. Hence starting a new thread now. I have lots of files in /tmp/stage directory as show below. I want to loop through each files to run a command on each file. I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic loop awk/shell script question..

Hi, Sorry if this is a newbie question. I guess you can use either awk or shell script for this sequence of operations, but knowing very little about either of them I'm not sure how I should try to write this. The basic objective is to copy certain files that are scattered all over my... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc2001
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic help improving for in loop

I'm obviously very new to this. I'm trying to write a simple for loop that will read the directory names in /Users and then copy a file into the same subdir in each user directory. I have this, and it works but it isn't great. #!/bin/bash HOMEDIRS=/Users/* for dirs in $HOMEDIRS; do if ];... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heath_T
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH - Need to echo for loop output to one line

I'm trying to echo the release version of some of our Linux servers. Typically I do these types of things by "catting" a text file with the host names, "ssh-ing" to the host and running my string. This is what I've written for i in `cat versions.txt` ; do echo $i ; ssh $i cat /etc/issue |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lombardi4851
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic FOR loop with break

Oracle Linux : 6.4/bash shell In the below I want to break out of the loop when it enters the 5th iteration. #!/bin/bash for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 do echo "$i" if echo "Oh Nooo... i = $i. I need to stop the iteration and jump out of the loop" then break fi done But, it only... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo with loop

Hello i have a file with this format: ip.txt content: 192.168.1.1/2020 192.136.1.2/2028 192.168.1.10/3047 .... need to create 1000 files and each files content, import data from ip.txt line (first file with first line data, second file with second line...etc) internal=yes internalip=... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
14 Replies
LINTIAN-INFO(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LINTIAN-INFO(1)

NAME
lintian-info - give detailed information about Lintian's error tags SYNOPSIS
lintian-info [log-file...] lintian-info --tags tag ... DESCRIPTION
The lintian-info command parses the output of the lintian command and gives verbose information about the listed Lintian error tags, parses a Lintian override file and gives verbose information about the tags included, or (if given the -t or --tags option) explains a given tag or tags. If no log-file is specified on the command line, this command expects its input on stdin. Thus, the output of lintian can either be piped through lintian-info or a log file produced by lintian can be processed with this command. (Note, though, that the lintian command has a command line option -i to display the same results as lintian-info, so you will not normally need to pipe the output of lintian into this command.) OPTIONS
-a, --annotate Read from standard input or any files specified on the command line and search the input for lines formatted like Lintian override entries. For each one that was found, display verbose information about that tag. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. --profile prof Use the severities from the vendor profile prof when displaying tags. If the profile name does not contain a slash, the default profile for than vendor is chosen. If not specified, lintian-info loads the best profile for the current vendor. Please Refer to the Lintian User Manual for the full documentation of profiles. -t, --tags Rather than treating them as log file names, treat any command-line options as tag names and display the descriptions of each tag. EXIT STATUS
If -t or --tags was given and one or more of the tags specified were unknown, this command returns the exit code 1. Otherwise, it always returns with exit code 0. SEE ALSO
lintian(1) AUTHORS
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> perl v5.14.2 2013-02-16 LINTIAN-INFO(1)