Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Setting up cron
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Setting up cron Post 302744609 by Yoda on Friday 14th of December 2012 01:24:10 PM
Old 12-14-2012
Also make sure your machine is following timezone: PST
Code:
date +"%Z"

Otherwise you might have to do some time adjustment while scheduling in cron

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron not retaining TERM setting

Hi, I'm sure there's something I'm simply not grasping, but I have a third-party utility (TPU) that needs to run in cron. This utility displays it's output in several formats, depending on the TERM value. cron has no TERM value by default, which results in the TPU dying with an error Sorry, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steelrose
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Setting environment variables within cron jobs!!

Is it possible to use environment variables within cron jobs. I am using a cron job to run a c program at regular intervals. The C program uses a library and i have set the library path in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. But when i ran the job i got the error library not found!! Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atheek
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing and setting up cron jobs

How can I list the existing cron jobs in my system, and then how can I add my script to the cron jobs list? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job setting

hi all I had one script which i had put in /home/name/xxx.sh directory. I want to put it in cron job list means this script must be run on each day at morning 9 am. Kindly reply me all necessary change with exact path detail. Means where i had to do changes. Thanks in adavance. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting a cron job

Greetings i am a newbie to this so kindly bear with me. I have a script to get weather information from a site and save that into a database. wget Cranfield Weather Forecast temp = $(cat wx.php | grep -o "Temperature.......") rm wx.php mysql -D "weather_wise" -e "insert into weather... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tererez
6 Replies

6. Solaris

cron tab setting

hi guys , i need some help i want to set cron job for every sunday , of each month so any body plz help or this proble :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kbharat20
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up More than One Cron Job

Hello, it is possible to setup two cron jobs to run at different frequencies? I have a cron job which runs from monday -friday every 5 mins .I also want to have one more cron job which runs on a sunday.. It it possible to have? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: valluvan
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting environment variables in Cron file

Hi, In Cron file i'm using username and password hard-coded and now i wann to use environmental veraiables in cron file. But Could you please guide me how to use these environmental variables in cron file ? Thanks, Shyamu.A (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamu544
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help setting up a CRON job

Okay I am not the best at UNIX, so please excuse this if it is a complete ID 10-T error (look at that for a moment...) Logging in via telnet to the server, I want to create a cron job to run various "canned reports" in SAS on a regular basis. No problem, I have the directories, .profile... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: RussellNonBrand
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting default permissions without umask or cron jobs

I've got a number of people sending files to me in different directory structures, and users on many different groups who need access to these incoming paths. My problem is that umask assumes a default of 666 for files. No execute bit, meaning that my users can't even see the incoming folders.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karunamon
2 Replies
yum-cron(8)															       yum-cron(8)

NAME
yum-cron - an interface to convieniently call yum from cron SYNOPSIS
yum-cron [config-file] DESCRIPTION
yum-cron is an alternate interface to yum that is optimised to be convenient to call from cron. It provides methods to keep repository metadata up to date, and to check for, download, and apply updates. Rather than accepting many different command line arguments, the dif- ferent functions of yum-cron can be accessed through config files. config-file is used to optionally specify the path to the configuration file to use. If it is not given, the default configuration file will be used. It is useful to be able to specify different configuration files for different use cases. For example, one configuration file might be set to update the repository metadata, and a line could be added to the crontab to run yum-cron frequently using this file. Then, another configuration file might be set to install updates, and yum-cron could be run from cron using this file just once each day. FILES
/etc/yum/yum-cron.conf /etc/yum/yum-cron-hourly.conf SEE ALSO
yum (8) AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There of course aren't any bugs, but if you find any, you should email the mailing list, yum@lists.baseurl.org, or consult bugzilla. Nick Jacek yum-cron(8)