Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Solaris: Not able to access E2900 console Post 302743927 by Yeaboem on Thursday 13th of December 2012 02:47:14 PM
Old 12-13-2012
your worst case scenario is the SC card has failed or lost it's network configuration and you'll have to walk the
Quote:
"Onsite guy is technically not so strong who can connect laptop via serial port."
through the procedure to confirm/correct the SC network configuration via serial port.

I agree with others here.. I'd verify the network switch is not failing the auto-negotiation dance and just lock the port at 10-full (or 100-full, if you're sure the E2900 supports it), and also try your cable into a known-working switch port. I hate to say it, but I suspect it is the case that your SC has failed or lost it's network configuration.
This User Gave Thanks to Yeaboem For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

console access via serial port - settings

looking for the answer to console port access via 25pin serial. Can i tip in from another unix box for access? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplimarvelous
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Access with console.

hi, is it possible to have a console access on a HP UX system without Web Console ? If yes, how ??? Many thanks in advance. :D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liliput
3 Replies

3. AIX

cant telnet to aix 5.2 and not even access through serial console

I have installed aix 5.2 on aix box through serial console connected to COM 1 . I even get a login prompt after the fresh installation . But as soon as i give a root & enter i again get a login prompt.i..e I am not able to logon after a fresh installation. and even i configured IP configuration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxnightowl84
0 Replies

4. Solaris

USB Console access on Solaris 9 x86

Hi Guys, I installed solaris 9 on my laptop(x86). I want to access the solaris console by attaching another laptop to this. But i do not have a Serial Port on the laptop on which I installed Solaris. I was wondering whether there was an option of console access through a USB2USB or using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: com2com
1 Replies

5. AIX

Getting console access on freshly built AIX 5.2

Hi folks, I'm unfortunately only a Solaris/Linux guy and have a problem I can't solve. As part of an assessment of some network security software, I need to perform vulnerability scans and log (syslog event) collection from an AIX box. So I have a pSeries "B80" in front of me running AIX 5.2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaldek
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Sunfire V100 console access

Hi guys, My current set up is I have a Laptop running redhat linux. This acts as an SSH server, and i use it to console into the LOM-A port on my Sunfire V100 using minicom. The idea is that I can remotely access and test things out. This works great, but I've just bought another V100 server... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stin
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

8. AIX

P550 Unable to access Console

I have recently aquired the following machine: IBM,9113-550 Up until yesterday we could connect a dumb terminal to serial port 1 and get console login. However the dumb terminal died. We are now using a laptop with a null modem cable attached to serial port 1. This works perfectly for all of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rsw7724
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to access root from console even if loginretries already reached

Hi, I wanted to know whether there is a setting in AIX to allow console login eventhough loginretries have already reached. What I mean is that loginretries applies to ssh/telnet connection but I can still login in console even after loginretries have been reached. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to access console for P650 server.

Hi Everyone, we had a one IBM P650 standalone server, planning to install AIX OS on top of it, I don't have HMC, is their a way to access to console of the server using serial cable or any other option for installing OS on top of it. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies
sysmsg(7D)                                                            Devices                                                           sysmsg(7D)

NAME
sysmsg - system message routing to console devices SYNOPSIS
/dev/sysmsg DESCRIPTION
The file /dev/sysmsg routes output to a variable set of console devices. Writes to /dev/sysmsg are always directed to the system console /dev/console, and are in addition directed to a set of auxiliary console devices managed by consadm(1M). Only root has permission to write to this device. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
consadm(1M), syslogd(1M) , attributes(5), console(7D) SunOS 5.10 13 Oct 1998 sysmsg(7D)