Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scp files that are 3 days older from remote server- Post 302741655 by billpeter3010 on Sunday 9th of December 2012 06:05:34 PM
Old 12-09-2012
jim mcnamara,

in the case you mentioned, i wanted to pull all files from Dec 5th to as of Dec 8th (say current date is Dec 8th) ..i dont need just the Dec5th.

kindly advise me the syntax for the same -

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I delete files older than 7 days?

I will like to write a script that delete all files that are older than 7 days in a directory and it's subdirectories. Can any one help me out witht the magic command or script? Thanks in advance, Odogboly98:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing files older than 7 days

Script help, I need to delete files that are older than 7 days. I do that automatically but I know that a cron job can do the job for me. Any help is greatly appreciated, as you can see, I am a DOS or WINDOWS guy. Little on UNIX. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: texasoeb
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files older than 30 days

This is driving me crazy. How can I delete files in a specifc directory that are over 30 days old? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlphillips
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files more than 15 days older

i have to delete files which are older than 15 days or more except the ones in the directory Current and also *.sh files i have found the command for files 15 days or more older find . -type f -mtime +15 -exec ls -ltr {} \; but how to implement the logic to avoid directory Current and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Delete files older than 30 days

Hi all, I want to delete log files with extension .log which are older than 30 days. How to delete those files? Operating system -- Sun solaris 10 Your input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, Williams (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting files older than 7 days

Hi Guys, I am new to unix I am looking for a script to delete files older than 7 days but i also want to exclude certain directories (like arch,log .....) and also some files with extensions ( like .ksh, .ch, ..............) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MAYAMAYA0451
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files older than 30 days old

Hello, I have a script which finds files in a directory that are older than 30 days and remove them. The problem is that these files are too many and when i run this command: find * -mtime +30 | xargs rm I run this command inside the directory and it returns the error: /usr/bin/find:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files older than 50 days

Hi All, OS :- HP-UX wm5qa B.11.23 U ia64 1119805695 unlimited-user license I need to search files older than 50 days. I've used following command in order to search desired files, I also discoverd, it's showing today's files as well. Do you have any clue with this ? wmqa1> find .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

scp of multiple files to remote server

Hello, I would like to scp multiple files to a remote server that requires a password for the process to be completed. I have 30 folders (x_1, x_2 ... x_30), each containing 25 files. What I want to do is scp 1 out of the 25 files (file called bvals) for all my folders to a remote server and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nasia.m
3 Replies
asadmin-list-instances(1AS)					   User Commands				       asadmin-list-instances(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-instances, list-instances - lists all the instances in the server SYNOPSIS
list-instances [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--domain domain_name] [--local=false] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s] Use the list-instances to list all the instance in the server. The list-instances command can be run both locally and remotely. To list remote instances, the named administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instanace. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port port number associated with the administrative host. --domain name of the domain. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. Example 1: Using list-instances in local mode asadmin> list-instances --domain1 --local admin-server running server1 running Where: the server1 and admin-server instances for the domain1 domain is listed. Example 2: Using list-instances in remote mode asadmin> list-instances --user admin --passwordfile passwords.txt --host localhost --port 4848 server1 [mayank:80] running Where: the server1 instance associated with the specified user, passwords, host, and port number specified is listed for the remote machine. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-show-instance-status(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-instances(1AS)