Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scp files that are 3 days older from remote server- Post 302741551 by RudiC on Sunday 9th of December 2012 05:32:11 AM
Old 12-09-2012
Depending on your find version you have quite some date/time evaluation tests (a/c/mtime, newer, a/c/mmin,...) at your disposal, cf. find man page.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I delete files older than 7 days?

I will like to write a script that delete all files that are older than 7 days in a directory and it's subdirectories. Can any one help me out witht the magic command or script? Thanks in advance, Odogboly98:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing files older than 7 days

Script help, I need to delete files that are older than 7 days. I do that automatically but I know that a cron job can do the job for me. Any help is greatly appreciated, as you can see, I am a DOS or WINDOWS guy. Little on UNIX. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: texasoeb
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files older than 30 days

This is driving me crazy. How can I delete files in a specifc directory that are over 30 days old? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlphillips
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files more than 15 days older

i have to delete files which are older than 15 days or more except the ones in the directory Current and also *.sh files i have found the command for files 15 days or more older find . -type f -mtime +15 -exec ls -ltr {} \; but how to implement the logic to avoid directory Current and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Delete files older than 30 days

Hi all, I want to delete log files with extension .log which are older than 30 days. How to delete those files? Operating system -- Sun solaris 10 Your input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards, Williams (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: William1482
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting files older than 7 days

Hi Guys, I am new to unix I am looking for a script to delete files older than 7 days but i also want to exclude certain directories (like arch,log .....) and also some files with extensions ( like .ksh, .ch, ..............) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MAYAMAYA0451
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files older than 30 days old

Hello, I have a script which finds files in a directory that are older than 30 days and remove them. The problem is that these files are too many and when i run this command: find * -mtime +30 | xargs rm I run this command inside the directory and it returns the error: /usr/bin/find:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files older than 50 days

Hi All, OS :- HP-UX wm5qa B.11.23 U ia64 1119805695 unlimited-user license I need to search files older than 50 days. I've used following command in order to search desired files, I also discoverd, it's showing today's files as well. Do you have any clue with this ? wmqa1> find .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

scp of multiple files to remote server

Hello, I would like to scp multiple files to a remote server that requires a password for the process to be completed. I have 30 folders (x_1, x_2 ... x_30), each containing 25 files. What I want to do is scp 1 out of the 25 files (file called bvals) for all my folders to a remote server and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nasia.m
3 Replies
OPERATOR(7)                                                  Linux Programmer's Manual                                                 OPERATOR(7)

NAME
operator - C operator precedence and order of evaluation DESCRIPTION
This manual page lists C operators and their precedence in evaluation. Operator Associativity () [] -> . left to right ! ~ ++ -- + - (type) * & sizeof right to left * / % left to right + - left to right << >> left to right < <= > >= left to right == != left to right & left to right ^ left to right | left to right && left to right || left to right ?: right to left = += -= *= /= %= <<= >>= &= ^= |= right to left , left to right COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2011-09-09 OPERATOR(7)