Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Correct shell script to Call One shell script from another shell script Post 302741043 by jim mcnamara on Friday 7th of December 2012 10:44:17 AM
Old 12-07-2012
There is no way to "exec" a file in ftp.

You will have to use commands like rsh or ssh to run a script on a remote box.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a shell script call another shell script and exit

I have a shell script that calls another shell script "str_process_main" that runs in a loop until a given time. I want the first script to just call the second one and then exit. The first script is: #!/bin/ksh DATE=$(date +%m%d%y) DPID=$(ps -ef|grep str_process_main|grep -v grep) if ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To call/execute a shell script from a shell script

Hi , I have 4 shell scripts a.ksh b.ksh -> depends on a.ksh success -> log into b.log c.ksh -> depends on b.ksh success -> log into c.log d.ksh -> depends on c.ksh success -> log into d.log I will have to write main.ksh ( execute a.ksh , log into a.log if a.ksh= success, execute... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konark
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to call perl script problems

Ok, don't ask me why, but all calls to perl must be called by a shell script. Its really not ideal, but its what I have to work with. Calling it isnt the issue, its passing in the arguments. I have about 1000 perl scripts to call by a shell script. Right now, I'm executing the shell script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: regexnub
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

call another shell script and pass parameters to that shell script

Hi, I basically have 2 shell scripts. One is a shell script will get the variable value from the user. The variable is nothing but the IP of the remote system. Another shell script is a script that does the job of connecting to the remote system using ssh. This uses a expect utility in turn. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

how to call a particular function from one shell another shell script

please help me in this script shell script :1 *********** >cat file1.sh #!/bin/bash echo "this is first file" function var() { a=10 b=11 } function var_1() { c=12 d=13 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call shell script function from awk script

hi everyone i am trying to do this bash> cat abc.sh deepak() { echo Deepak } deepak bash>./abc.sh Deepak so it is giving me write simply i created a func and it worked now i modified it like this way bash> cat abc.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call a function in shell script from another shell script

I've 2 shell scripts viz., CmnFuncs.ksh and myScript.ksh. 1st script contains all common functions and its code is as below: $vi CmnFuncs.ksh #!/bin/ksh RunDate() { .... .... export Rundt=`date +%Y%m%d` } 2nd script is invoking the above one and I expect to use the RunDt variable... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: njny
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to call and sort awk script and output

I'm trying to create a shell script that takes a awk script that I wrote and a filename as an argument. I was able to get that done but I'm having trouble figuring out how to keep the header of the output at the top but sort the rest of the rows alphabetically. This is what I have now but it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eric7giants
1 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)