Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reg:SFTP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reg:SFTP Post 302740481 by Scott on Thursday 6th of December 2012 08:31:34 AM
Old 12-06-2012
If you're using the key, you're not using the password.

So to answer your first question: If you set it up to use keys, yes, it will use them. To your second question: No if you're using keys, yes if you're not.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

reg:rm -R is not working

I am installing the my package in SCO unix 5.0 .so it will create some temporary directories and files and same will delete.So , 'rm -R ' is not working in system .in the package only it has given this command,so now without this command working we can not go forward. so kindly help in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokri_1980
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg files

Dear all, One of our jobs retrieves data from tables and writes it to files. This job was running for around 15 minutes for the past 8 months. Now, this job is runnig for 45-50 minutes. I checked with the DBA's and found no issues with database. The time taken by to job to write to the file is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reg DB values

Hi, I would like to call my Data Base procedure through unix, my procedure returns 4 values i.e. (4 out variables), how to assign 4 out variables to unix variables. Ex: xxat_safety_stock_main_p( retcode => l_retcode ,errbuf => l_errbuf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpkirankumar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a help reg -d in shell

hi, I am using this to get previous month `date -d"1 month ago" "+%m"` But will it work for january?..will it return 12? Please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanathi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expression For

HI system.sysUpTime.0 : Timeticks: (1519411311) 175 days, 20:35:13.11 From the above output i need only 175days in a perl script.. Please Help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg sftp in shell script

Hi, I want to retrieve files from an sftp site and place it a directory in unix server. When I try to connect, it is asking password even if i hardcode it in the script.I want to automate the script. Could anyone tell me how to avoid password prompt. #!/bin/sh # sample automatic ftp script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhya_vec
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Reg. VXVM

Hi Guys, I have a doubt either to Reboot the server after Replacing the disk0. I have two disks under vxvm root mirrored and i had a problem with primary disk so i replace the disk0 failed primary disk and then mirrored. After mirroring is it reboot required ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies
SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)			  systemd-tty-ask-password-agent			 SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)

NAME
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent - List or process pending systemd password requests SYNOPSIS
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent [OPTIONS...] [VARIABLE=VALUE...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent is a password agent that handles password requests of the system, for example for hard disk encryption passwords or SSL certificate passwords that need to be queried at boot-time or during runtime. systemd-tty-ask-password-agent implements the Password Agents Specification[1], and is one of many possible response agents which answer to queries formulated with systemd-ask-password(1). OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --list Lists all currently pending system password requests. --query Process all currently pending system password requests by querying the user on the calling TTY. --watch Continuously process password requests. --wall Forward password requests to wall(1) instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. --plymouth Ask question with plymouth(8) instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. --console Ask question on /dev/console instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), systemd-ask-password-console.service(8), wall(1), plymouth(8) NOTES
1. Password Agents Specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 237 SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)