Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VMWare,XFS and iSCSI issues!
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users VMWare,XFS and iSCSI issues! Post 302739549 by ksfolsom on Tuesday 4th of December 2012 10:44:10 AM
Old 12-04-2012
VMWare,XFS and iSCSI issues!

I have a RHEL6 VM that requires the use of remote storage using iSCSI and XFS for the mount point. Here's the issue:

With XFS you can't use the _netdev option for your mount point (pause for network) so my mount point doesn't mount properly because the network isn't up yet. I've moved the init order in rc3.d so the network is up prior to iscsid running however I have application that trys to start before the mount is available and of course the app fails to start etc.

Any suggestions on the delay etc. would be helpful!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Does Solaris support XFS filesytem?

Hi, Does solaris support the XFS file sytems? If so, how can I mount a shared directory from another machine (which is using XFS)? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Gfs2 vs xfs vs ext4

Looking for suggestions as to which filesystem to go with. I currently use gfs2 on hosts with 3.4tb useable. I understand gfs2 is being left behind but xfs and ext4 are not quite certified completely on CentOS 5.2. I have email storage hosts that have a decent i/o requirement and 12TB usable after... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: king_hippo
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[XFS] How to use real-time subvolume

Hi! I created filesystem XFS on partition hda8 with subvolume real-time on partition hda5: mkfs.xfs -r rtdev=/dev/hda5 /dev/hda8 and i mounted it: mount -t xfs -o rtdev=/dev/hda5 /dev/hda8 /xfs But I don't know how can I use this partition hda5 with subvolume real-time. I don't know how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cadi2108
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client)?

how to change ethernet cable of iscsi initiator (iscsi client) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL4 easyRAID problem 2tb gpt xfs

hello community, i have problems with my redhat enterprise linux 4 nanhant 6 and my easyraid x8s (8x1tb) extern fibre channel raid extern raid configuration: raid level 5 (8x1tb) redhat system shows me four 2tb partitions and one 450gb partition from my raid :( why????? i have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onkeldave
1 Replies

6. SuSE

iscsi network share + xfs

Hello, we got a MD3000i used as a network share between two servers (say A and B). The problem we are facing is that file/directories created by server A are not visible on server B (and viceversa). It's not a problem with permission (chmod 777 doesn't help). The MD3000i was at first used ony... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutrino
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

XFS - Custom Kernel or Module?

Hey everyone. I am going to be using XFS for a project coming up. We're running RHEL 5.5. Simply typing modprobe xfs works just fine. The kernel module loads without any issue. Is there any issue with doing this and inserting "modprobe xfs" into /etc/rc.modules? Is there a major reason to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
0 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

VMware View Client Connection Issues

I installed the VMware View Client for Linux in Ubuntu and whenever I try and connect I recieve: Untrusted View Connection: Failed to connect to the View Connection Server. The server provided an invalid certificate. The certificate authority is invalid or incorrect. Having access to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies
xfs_freeze(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     xfs_freeze(8)

NAME
xfs_freeze - suspend access to an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_freeze -f | -u mount-point DESCRIPTION
xfs_freeze suspends and resumes access to an XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). xfs_freeze halts new access to the filesystem and creates a stable image on disk. xfs_freeze is intended to be used with volume managers and hardware RAID devices that support the creation of snapshots. The mount-point argument is the pathname of the directory where the filesystem is mounted. The filesystem must be mounted to be frozen (see mount(8)). The -f flag requests the specified XFS filesystem to be frozen from new modifications. When this is selected, all ongoing transactions in the filesystem are allowed to complete, new write system calls are halted, other calls which modify the filesystem are halted, and all dirty data, metadata, and log information are written to disk. Any process attempting to write to the frozen filesystem will block waiting for the filesystem to be unfrozen. Note that even after freezing, the on-disk filesystem can contain information on files that are still in the process of unlinking. These files will not be unlinked until the filesystem is unfrozen or a clean mount of the snapshot is complete. The -u flag is used to un-freeze the filesystem and allow operations to continue. Any filesystem modifications that were blocked by the freeze are unblocked and allowed to complete. One of -f or -u must be supplied to xfs_freeze. NOTES
A copy of a frozen XFS filesystem will usually have the same universally unique identifier (UUID) as the original, and thus may be pre- vented from being mounted. The XFS nouuid mount option can be used to circumvent this issue. In Linux kernel version 2.6.29, the interface which XFS uses to freeze and unfreeze was elevated to the VFS, so that this tool can now be used on many other Linux filesystems. SEE ALSO
xfs(5), lvm(8), mount(8). xfs_freeze(8)