Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris OpenIndiana: Can't mount ext2 filesystem Post 302739393 by bsdx on Tuesday 4th of December 2012 06:53:18 AM
Old 12-04-2012
mount has no option t and in /proc there seems to be only process numbers, no "filesystems".

I'm using OpenIndiana, maybe there are some differences to current Oracle Solaris or older OpenSolaris.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert filesystem from reiserfs to ext2

Hi, My current linux server's filesystems is reiserfs. Unfortunately I need to enable quota for my users and as far as I know quota won't run on reiserfs. So, can I convert the filesystem types to ext2 from reiserfs without having to re-install my o/s? Or, is there any quota applications... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vancouver_joe
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount nfs filesystem

I try to share a directory from a wortstation to a server. the share command was no problem. Solaris 8 on mars share -F nfs -o rw /dir/dir2 on the server mount mars:/dir/dir2 /mount_point RPC: Program not registered <--- What is the meaning of this ? Thanks for you help ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount a Filesystem

I want help about mount a filesystem to use a cdrom to install a software that be in the cd cdrom.. you can send a mail ::removed emails:: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amauryrgrullon
5 Replies

4. Linux

how to mount ntfs filesystem

:) Hi frds ..i hope i can get some help for this.. I am unable to mount ntfs/hpfs file system which contain my XP o/s. As per the information collected on net i found tht my kernel i.e 2.4.xx does not support ntfs ..? Now I dont knwo where to get upgraded kernel and how to deploy it ..can anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicknihal
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to mount filesystem

Hi, Gurus: I need your help to finish a script that will mount two file systems automatically when saver is reboot or start. I am working on a new Sun Sparc machine with Solaris 9 on it. This box got two disk. disk one has been partitioned to hold Solaris OS. disk two has been partitioned as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
6 Replies

6. Linux

How to mount a filesystem of one pc in another pc that are connected in a network?

Hi, I have a software in one of the pcs connected in the network and I need to mount that file system in my PC. Both the pcs have Linux installed. Please let me know how can we achieve this. Any pointers would be of great help. Thanks & Regards, Venkatesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh_sasi
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Mount /usr as a separate filesystem

Hi All, I have mount /usr directory as a seperate filesystem.The /usr directory includedd in / root file system.I have to mount it as seperate. Please Help me, Thanks and Regards, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Mount old zfs filesystem

Hey all, I have a machine with 16 drive slots. Two of the drives have a ZFS mirror of the operating system, the other 14 contain the storage raidz. So, after installing Opensolaris on the OS drives, how can I remount the storage raid? TIA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
11 Replies

9. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't mount filesystem

I have 2 Linux servers. rcwlo-ods10g and rcwlo-10gdev I can mount one filesystem from rcwlo-ods10g onto rcwlo-10gdev fine: RCWLO-10gDev:/ # mount -F rcwlo-ods10g:/SAN /backup but when I try another one I get: RCWLO-10gDev:/ # mount -F rcwlo-ods10g:/backup /backup mount:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
0 Replies
GlusterFS(8)							   Gluster Inc. 						      GlusterFS(8)

NAME
mount.glusterfs - script to mount native GlusterFS volume SYNOPSIS
mount -t glusterfs [-o <options>] <volumeserver>:<volumeid> <mountpoint> mount -t glusterfs [-o <options>] <path/to/volumefile> <mountpoint> DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of glusterfs(8) package, which is used to mount using GlusterFS native binary. mount.glusterfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting native GlusterFS client. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. OPTIONS
Basic options log-file=LOG-FILE File to use for logging [default:/var/log/glusterfs/glusterfs.log] log-level=LOG-LEVEL Logging severity. Valid options are TRACE, DEBUG, WARNING, ERROR, CRITICAL INFO and NONE [default: INFO] ro Mount the filesystem read-only Advanced options volfile-id=KEY Volume key or name of the volume file to be fetched from server transport=TRANSPORT-TYPE Transport type to get volume file from server [default: socket] volume-name=VOLUME-NAME Volume name to be used for MOUNT-POINT [default: top most volume in VOLUME-FILE] direct-io-mode=disable Disable direct I/O mode in fuse kernel module FILES /etc/fstab A typical GlusterFS entry in /etc/fstab looks like below server1.gluster.com:mirror /mnt/mirror glusterfs log-file=/var/log/mirror.vol,ro,defaults 0 0 /etc/mtab An example entry of a GlusterFS mountpoint in /etc/mtab looks like below mirror.vol /mnt/glusterfs fuse.glusterfs rw,allow_other,default_permissions,max_read=131072 0 0 SEE ALSO
glusterfs(8), mount(8), gluster(8) COPYRIGHT
Copyright(c) 2006-2011 Gluster, Inc. <http://www.gluster.com> 18 March 2010 Cluster Filesystem GlusterFS(8)