Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Executing a shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing a shell script Post 302738545 by lucky7456969 on Saturday 1st of December 2012 10:43:11 PM
Old 12-01-2012
Executing a shell script

Code:
 LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/tme-0.8/bus/multibus:~/tme-0.8/bus/sbus:~/tme-0.8/dist/softfloat/softfloat/bits32:~/tme-0.8/dist/softfloat/softfloat/bits64:~/tme-0.8/generic:~/tme-0.8/host/bsd:~/tme-0.8/host/gtk:~/tme-0.8/host/posix:~/tme-0.8/ic:~/tme-0.8/ic/ieee754:~/tme-0.8/ic/m68k:~/tme-0.8/ic/sparc:~/tme-0.8/ic/stp22xx:~/tme-0.8/libltdl:~/tme-0.8/libtme:~/tme-0.8/libtme/host/x86:~/tme-0.8/machine/sun:~/tme-0.8/machine/sun2:~/tme-0.8/machine/sun3:~/tme-0.8/machine/sun4:~/tme-0.8/scsi:~/tme-0.8/serial:~/tme-0.8/tmesh 
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Executed by ./123.sh
But when I make a command => echo LD_LIBRARY_PATH or export the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable is still unset. Any ideas why? Thanks Jack

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script is not executing

Hi, I am trying to execute the below shell script: script name(ss1). ss1 was given permission - 744 before executing. name: ss1 #ss1 #usage:ss1 ls who pwd :wq I tried to execute $ss1 (Enter) Its not executing.... It says that ss1 is not found: echo $SHELL. The o/put i got is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a Shell Script

I am trying to run a shell script using the ./<ScriptName> command, but the server returns an error bash: ./Script1.sh: Permission denied What variable do I need to set to avoid this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing a shell script from windows;script present in unix

I need to execute a shell script kept in unix machine from windows. User id, password area available. For eg. There's a shell script wich moves all the logs kept in my home directory to a directory named LOGS. Now i need to get this done through windows; either using a batch file, or java... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajneesh_kapoor
4 Replies

4. Programming

Executing shell script from PLSQL

Hi All, I have a requirement to mv a file in unix from plsql procedure. for that i have created a java host procedure, a host_command, given all grants as per ORACLE-BASE - Oracle8i Shell Commands From PL/SQL but i am getting an error ""Process err :/bin/sh: mv Not Found"" kindly let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aryan_styles
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing shell script files

Whats the difference between executing a file such as test.sh as: ./test.sh as apposed to sh test.sh i've noticed that a simple while loop will not execute for the 2nd way of doing it, but will for the first. Also what do you guys all recom (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Procedure from shell script..

Hello, I created a sql file to create a Procedure, and it was successfully created. I created a sql file to execute the procedure, and it did without any errors, but i dont see the data been updated. The Execute procedure.sql script is: BEGIN set serveroutput on size 1000000 execute... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a shell script using sh

Platform : Solaris 10, RHEL 5.4, OEL 6 I've noticed that some of my colleagues execute scripts by typing sh before the script name sh myscript.shI always execute a script by typing the script name and typing enter provided PATH variable has . (current directory) in it myscript.sh (and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John K
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing shell script from desktop

Hello All, Is there a way that I can have wrapper place in my desktop and when I run it, it connect with my server and do the action. If this can happen, Can I know how to get started Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why we use -f while executing any shell script?

Hi All, I wanted to know why we use the '-f' option while executing script. in my case... abcd.sh -f any_evts 02 2014 abcd = Scriptname -f = dont know any_evts = Some file or string 02= month 2014 = year So in above pleas ehelp to understand here -f and other arguement like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajju
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing the shell script

Hi Gurus, The following script fails with the error 'command not found' while trying to execute. As the error indicates, the script fails at ROW#30 where the EOF is defined for SQL statement. It appears that the script is trying execute the lines in the SQL output written to ta spool file.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
7 Replies
SI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						     SI(4)

NAME
si, sw -- NCR 5380 SCSI bus host adaptor driver SYNOPSIS
sun3 si0 at obio0 addr 0x140000 ipl 2 sun3 and sun3x si0 at vme2 addr 0x200000 ipl 2 vect 0x40 si1 at vme2 addr 0x204000 ipl 2 vect 0x41 sun3/E sebuf0 at vme2 addr 0x300000 ipl 2 vect 0x74 # and 0x75 sebuf1 at vme2 addr 0x340000 ipl 2 vect 0x76 # and 0x77 si* at sebuf? sun4 and sun2 si0 at vme0 addr 0x200000 pri 2 vec 0x40 sun4/100 sw0 at obio0 addr 0x0a000000 level 3 DESCRIPTION
The si and sw "SCSI Weird" drivers provide support for the NCR 5380 SCSI Bus Controller (SBC) chip found on various Sun Microsystems CPU motherboards (obio), and on the "Sun-3 VME SCSI" (Sun part # 501-1236) board used in systems with VME bus. sun3 and sun3x The sun3 and sun3x version of this driver can be configured with a flags directive in the config(1) file. The values are bits in a bitfield, and are interpreted as follows: 0x000ff Set bit (1<<target) to disable SCSI disconnect/reselect 0x0ff00 Set bit (1<<(target+8)) to disable SCSI parity checking 0x10000 Set this bit to disable DMA interrupts (poll) 0x20000 Set this bit to disable DMA entirely (use PIO) For example: "flags 0x1000f" would disable DMA interrupts, and disable disconnect/reselect for targets 0-3. The "target" is the SCSI ID num- ber of a particular device on a particular SCSI bus. sun4 The sun4 version of this driver can also be configured with a flags directive in the config(1) file. The values are bits in a bitfield, and are interpreted as follows: 0x01 Use DMA (may be polled) 0x02 Use DMA completion interrupts 0x04 Allow SCSI disconnect/reselect For example: "flags 0x07" would enable DMA, interrupts, and reselect. By default, DMA is enabled in the sun4 driver. SEE ALSO
cd(4), ch(4), intro(4), scsi(4), sd(4), st(4) AUTHORS
David Jones, Gordon Ross <gwr@NetBSD.org>, Adam Glass <glass@NetBSD.org>, Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@NetBSD.org>. BUGS
The VME variant has a bit to enable or disable the DMA engine, but that bit also gates the interrupt line from the NCR5380 (!!). Therefore, in order to get any interrupt from the NCR5380, (i.e. for reselect) one must clear the DMA engine transfer count and then enable DMA. This has the further complication that you CAN NOT touch the NCR5380 while the DMA enable bit is set, so we have to turn DMA back off before we even look at the NCR5380. Support for the Sun 4/100 sw "SCSI Weird" is not complete. DMA works, but interrupts (and, thus, reselection) don't for reasons unknown. Further progress has halted pending the availability of a machine for testing. DMA, DMA completion interrupts, and reselection work fine on a Sun 4/260 with modern SCSI-II disks attached. There have been reports of res- election failing on Sun Shoebox-type configurations where there are multiple non-SCSI devices behind Emulex or Adaptec bridges. These devices pre-date the SCSI-I spec, and might not behave the way the NCR5380 code expects. For this reason, only DMA is enabled by default in the sun4 driver. BSD
May 7, 1998 BSD