Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running sqlplus for 5 DB in a shell Post 302736389 by Scott on Tuesday 27th of November 2012 06:59:52 AM
Old 11-27-2012
Yes a simple for-loop, or put it into a function and call it 5 times with the DB name as an argument.

Code:
for DB in DB1 DB2 etc; do
  ORACLE_SID=$DB
  sqlplus / as sysdba << EOF
  spool $DB
EOF
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running SQLPLUS from Shellscripting ...

Hi guys, I am facing issues while triggering sqlplus with "/" option I can connect to database with USER ID and password. but, if i just specify "/" option since it is "externally identiifed user" it doesn't work Any suggestions? mail me @ Removed. Regards, Giri (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chittari
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running shell script from sqlplus

I have a script which connects to different database servers using sqlplus. Is there a way by which I can run a shell command on that host from sqlplus? I know about 'host' command but it runs script on the local machine where the original script is running. Is there a way to run command on the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkr123
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error running sqlplus from shell file

I am running a shell file following script on bash shell in solaris 10 ( echo abc@orcl echo abc echo "set feedback off" echo "truncate table SIndexDataTypeHst1_changes;" ) | sqlplus -s but getting the following error ERROR: ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmunir
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script

cron job not running the sqlplus command in shell script but the shell script works fine from command line.. Cronjob: 5 * * * * /home/dreg/script.sh script.sh: #!/bin/ksh /oracle/u000/app/oracle/product/10204/GEN/bin/sqlplus -s <user>/<pass>@<sid/home/dreg/sqlscript.sh ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikea
18 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Oracle SqlPlus with Java in Kshells

Hello, This may not be the right place to ask for help for this problem but i might be because i'm using Java & SqlPlus in alot of Kshell scripts. Just to give a high level picture, i'm basically using Java to control each SqlPlus execute command, by reading a flat file that contains the run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
2 Replies

6. Programming

Shell SQLPlus

Hi, I am trying to execute the update statment in shell sqlplus.But nothing prompts.if i do ctrl+c i got the below error. SQL> update table set enabled='N' where type_code='xx'; ^C update table set enabled='N' where type_code='xx' * ERROR at line 1: ORA-01013: user requested... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmahendran
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running SQLPLUS Script in CRONTAB

Hi, Can someone please help me here with this one. This is my script: # more tosh.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh clear . /home/oracle/.profile echo "Good morning, world." export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/9.0.1 export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin export ORACLE_SID=xxxx ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshpayal
11 Replies

8. Solaris

Error during running sqlplus command from shell script in Solaris

I am using following code to connect to oracle database from solaris shell script. which will try thrice to connect the database ...at the 4rth atempt it will exir=t. count=0 while ; do sqlplus -s $usrname/$password@dbSID <<-EOF | tee $logfile WHENEVER OSERROR EXIT 9; WHENEVER SQLERROR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Help required for Running SQLPLUS command from Bat file

Hello All, Good Afternoon. I am new to this platform and I need one small help regarding running a SQL file from Bat file. Below is what I am doing, 1. I placed the below command in one Bat file. start putty.exe -ssh user@host -pw pwd -m C:\2.txt 2. In 2.txt, I have below command. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PavanPatil
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus shell

friends because when calling a sqlplus from a shell it brings me the following message sqlplus -s $BDDUSER/$BDDPASS@$BDDHOST @$DIR_SQL/prueba.sql echo "bandera 3 " $? STATUS=$? if ;then echo "bandera 4 " $? #log_info "La ejecucion de... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)