Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Linux script Post 302736383 by Jotne on Tuesday 27th of November 2012 06:42:11 AM
Old 11-27-2012
Not exact what you like, but mat help you on you way
Code:
awk '{arr[$1]++; next} END {for (i in arr) { print i,arr[i] }}' file

gives
Code:
2089,failure 1
2087,failure 2
2089,success 2

This User Gave Thanks to Jotne For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Script help

Hi Everyone , have a nice day given below is a simple linux script but its first part is not working ( variable k assignment ) , while second loop is working fine can anyone help me out with this #!/bin/sh echo "Enter Date" read date1 for i in 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dastard
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with linux shell script

HI im a novice with shell scripts but i need help with a random script I have this folder filled with 500 different file names... I need help creating a script that will take each filename and make a new folder named that filename and then move that file into the newly created folder. Then the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emachala
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with linux bash script

Hello everybody! This is my first time having to write a script so your help is most appreciated.Also i am a beginner when it comes to linux so please bare with me.Thanks in advance to all who will look into this for me. I have to write a bash script that will show the free space on the hard... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manike
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux script help

I am creating a script that will incorporate multiple variables organized in a spreadsheet for pdftk. I have a 1000 page pdf that I have to split into about 300 individual pdfs. The basic command line to extract pages is as follows: $ pdftk file.pdf cat 1-7 output newfile.pdf file.pdf =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tankcommander
8 Replies

5. Linux

linux script

I need to write a script to which need to track errors in log and need to check last 100 lines in the log at every 5 minits. if error fund need to mail my self error type 1. "STATE_ADMIN" if found need to print: <Jan 5, 2011 11:47:02 AM IST><ewaps2> <ADFAPPS2> < STATE_ADMIN 2."Java heap... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: udara
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help, Linux Script

#!/bin/sh args=("$@") echo "#=================================" echo "#Script Name:" echo "#By:" echo "#Purpose:" echo "#:Command Line: picoc" echo "#=================================" pico $@ this is my script. i think it is ok w/o error. but when i run it i got error. i'm using a VMBox... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jrdncchr
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need linux script!!

I have a text file like this: 25 raj 78 rohit 89 bhanu 58 mohit 29 mano 53 rohit 63 shiva 74 lapan 63 bhanu what i need is a linux script to reorganize this file by adding the relevant content(number) to the names and print only once.... please help me someone. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shan1990
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! Linux shell script

Hi all, I am trying to make a Nodemanager work in RHEL 5 I got this script from 'oraclemiddleware.wordpress.com', and made appropriate changes to suit my weblogic installation. I keep getting the error, "line 82: syntax error: unexpected end of file". I have checked every line to make sure all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrv1
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux script

Hello, could you please help me with the following request? I need a linux command script that does the following. 1. delete folders folder1 and folder2 located in install/users/web/folder1&2. and also delete folder3 install/jboss/server/folder3. All these folders has many folder and files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bern11
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux script - help!!

I need to create a bash script to run through crontab, to do the below job: 1- find files that are over 12 months old in /var "files are like file_201201222.mtd file_201201333.mtd 2- Tar them in /backup like: file_201201.tar.bz2 "every month in one tar file" 3- remove them after that 4- Send... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ahmad M. Kamel
8 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)