Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Master logs for all the operations performed on mysql DB Post 302735255 by frappa on Saturday 24th of November 2012 03:32:11 AM
Old 11-24-2012
Hi,

if you mean to enable general query log, you may find hints at:
MySQL query logging
but be aware that this kind of logging is generally intended for debugging purposes (it can slow down your db and/or clog disk space).

For the problem of appending-only, you may try a trick if you are on a linux host with 'chattr' command, i.e. see the end of the post:
How To Set File Attributes In Linux Using Chattr Command | All about Linux

Anyway, be aware that this may lead to space consumption as well (setup preliminary tests on non-production system in order to be safe).
see ya
fra

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep yesterday logs from weblogic logs

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would go search and get the info from the logs based on yesterday timestamp and write yesterday logs in new file. The log file format is as follows: """"""""""""""""""""""""""... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish.parker
3 Replies

2. Web Development

MySQL Master-Slave Configuration: Don't Replicate a Row of a Table?

Anyone have a clue about this? I have checked the MySQL documentation and it does not seem possible to exclude a row of a table from replication between Master and Slave. It seems that replication in MySQL can only be managed at the table level, not at the row level. Does anyone know a work... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

3. AIX

smit see comand performed ??

i in smit , press F6 , smit fs , Change / Show Characteristics of an Enhanced Journaled File System then F6 to see the comand , how can i see the command performed ?? x() { │ │ LIST= ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logs of commands performed by users

Hi, when 2 users are logged as root , how can i find witch one had perform witch command? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the content performed by an User

I want to grep the content performed by an User from a file. Suppose that i have a following file HYD-HMS-2$ ls -lrt -rw-r--r-- 1 sdfrun sdf 31726356 Aug 1 13:04 journal.03.01082012.19.csv I could able to grep the content performed by a user by "sed" command as follows HYD-HMS-2$... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: duppalav
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System administration tasks performed from a menu driven interface

I need to write a shell script that allows some system-administration tasks to be preformed automatically from a menu-driven interface. Automate the following tasks: • Copy directory tree • Delete files or directories • Output Information But I don't understand the question. What is a "menu... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: femchi
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_MYSQL(7)						OCF resource agents					    OCF_HEARTBEAT_MYSQL(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_mysql - Manages a MySQL database instance SYNOPSIS
mysql [start | stop | status | monitor | promote | demote | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for MySQL. May manage a standalone MySQL database, a clone set with externally managed replication, or a complete master/slave replication setup. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
binary Location of the MySQL server binary (optional, string, default /usr/bin/mysqld_safe) client_binary Location of the MySQL client binary (optional, string, default mysql) config Configuration file (optional, string, default /etc/mysql/my.cnf) datadir Directory containing databases (optional, string, default /var/lib/mysql) user User running MySQL daemon (optional, string, default mysql) group Group running MySQL daemon (for logfile and directory permissions) (optional, string, default mysql) log The logfile to be used for mysqld. (optional, string, default /var/log/mysql.log) pid The pidfile to be used for mysqld. (optional, string, default /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid) socket The socket to be used for mysqld. (optional, string, default /var/lib/mysqld/mysqld.sock) test_table Table to be tested in monitor statement (in database.table notation) (optional, string, default mysql.user) test_user MySQL test user (optional, string, default root) test_passwd MySQL test user password (optional, string, no default) enable_creation If the MySQL database does not exist, it will be created (optional, integer, default 0) additional_parameters Additional parameters which are passed to the mysqld on startup. (e.g. --skip-external-locking or --skip-grant-tables) (optional, string, no default) replication_user MySQL replication user. This user is used for starting and stopping MySQL replication, for setting and resetting the master host, and for setting and unsetting read-only mode. Because of that, this user must have SUPER, REPLICATION SLAVE, REPLICATION CLIENT, and PROCESS privileges on all nodes within the cluster. (optional, string, no default) replication_passwd MySQL replication password. Used for replication client and slave. (optional, string, no default) replication_port The port on which the Master MySQL instance is listening. (optional, string, default 3306) max_slave_lag The maximum number of seconds a replication slave is allowed to lag behind its master. Do not set this to zero. What the cluster manager does in case a slave exceeds this maximum lag is determined by the evict_outdated_slaves parameter. (optional, integer, default 3600) evict_outdated_slaves If set to true, any slave which is more than max_slave_lag seconds behind the master has its MySQL instance shut down. If this parameter is set to false in a primitive or clone resource, it is simply ignored. If set to false in a master/slave resource, then exceeding the maximum slave lag will merely push down the master preference so the lagging slave is never promoted to the new master. (optional, boolean, default false) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 20. monitor (Master role) Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 10. monitor (Slave role) Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 30. promote Promotes the resource to the Master role. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. demote Demotes the resource to the Slave role. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. notify Suggested minimum timeout: 90. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a mysql resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_mysql ocf:heartbeat:mysql op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="20" op monitor role="Master" depth="0" timeout="30" interval="10" op monitor role="Slave" depth="0" timeout="30" interval="30" ms ms_mysql p_mysql meta notify="true" interleave="true" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/mysql_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_MYSQL(7)