Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Server Hardware Inventory Details Post 302733859 by baddy on Wednesday 21st of November 2012 08:10:22 AM
Old 11-21-2012
Sun Server Hardware Inventory Details

How can I get the hardware inventory details of the Sun Servers like T5220 running Solaris 10?

I would like to see the following details:
1. Chassis Information - Part Number, Serial Number etc.
2. Slots Present in the chassis
3. Modules/Cards equipped on the slots. Module details like Part Number and Serial Number.
4. Physical ports and its details.

I have already tried prtconf, prtdiag, iostat but did not help much.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Getting Hardware Details on HP-UX

Hi All, Please let me know the list of commands, that can give me the list of hardwares available on the HP-UX Box. I'm using HP-UX B.11.00. I would like to know the list of HBA's, PCIMCA Cards etc., attached to the system. And also, which device files point to which Hardware. more &... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun server hardware questions

I have no experience with sun servers but for fun and experience I would like to buy a low-end server and play with things. I have a few questions that maybe some of you who use these things will be able to answer: - I believe they are also called PCI slots in the sun server, but are they the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Utilities/Scipts to Inventory Hardware and Software

Hi All, I am looking for a way to inventory the hardware and software components of many Solaris 8 servers/workstations. I would like to script this to run against a list of IP's in a text file. For Windows there are many such programs available (like Belarc) Is there anything similar for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: limey
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripts for automating server inventory for unix servers

Dear Team, I am very new to shell scripting & and presently monitoring unix boxes I am looking for a shell script which will give me the below output script should contain - hostname,OS Version,CPU details, Physical Memory, Partitions Details, Network Details and Software Installed,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Need some help to find out hardware details

hi all i am looking for some command or utility to find out hard ware details. 1. How should i know whether my network adapter is a fibre card or RJ25 (upd) card (ethtool in linux) 2. How to check physical connectivity. ("mii-tool eth0" in linux) 3. How to find pci devices with exact details.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingston
1 Replies

6. Hardware

Hardware RAID on Sun T2000 Server

Hi All I have a Sun T2000 server. Couple of years ago I had configured and mirrored the boot drive with an other drive using hardware RAID 1 using raidctl command. Following is the hardware RAID output. root@oracledatabaseserver / $ raidctl RAID Volume RAID RAID Disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Inventory details - Solaris

i need to extract following information through command line on solaris machine : 1.manufacturer name (hardware as well as OS) 2.Model number 3.Serial number - Serial Number of the device or the Physical device serial number for Virtual Servers 4.whether the server is physical or virtual -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server inventory software

Hi, do you know any good server inventory open source products? I want information like, server hostnames, ram, cpu, os, filesystems, volume groups, disks, adapters, installed software versions, firmware levels and so on os: aix, solaris, linux, hpux data should be kept in a database, web... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
7 Replies
prtdiag(1M)                                                                                                                            prtdiag(1M)

NAME
prtdiag - display system diagnostic information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/prtdiag [-v] [-l] prtdiag displays system configuration and diagnostic information on sun4u and sun4v systems. The diagnostic information lists any failed field replaceable units (FRUs) in the system. The interface, output, and location in the directory hierarchy for prtdiag are uncommitted and subject to change in future releases. prtdiag does not display diagnostic information and environmental status when executed on the Sun Enterprise 10000 server. See the /var/opt/SUNWssp/adm/${SUNW_HOSTNAME}/messages file on the system service processor (SSP) to obtain such information for this server. The following options are supported: -l Log output. If failures or errors exist in the system, output this information to syslogd(1M) only. -v Verbose mode. Displays the time of the most recent AC Power failure, and the most recent hardware fatal error information, and (if applicable) environmental status. The hardware fatal error information is useful to repair and manufacturing for detailed diagnos- tics of FRUs. The following exit values are returned: 0 No failures or errors are detected in the system. 1 Failures or errors are detected in the system. 2 An internal prtdiag error occurred, for example, out of memory. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkvm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ *The output is unstable. modinfo(1M), prtconf(1M), psrinfo(1M), sysdef(1M), syslogd(1M), attributes(5), openprom(7D) NOTES
Not all diagnostic and system information is available on every Solaris platforn, and therefore cannot be displayed by prtdiag. On those platforms, further information can be obtained from the System Controller. 29 Aug 2005 prtdiag(1M)