Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Text Based Game, This Error Makes NO sense. Please help Post 302732227 by complex.invoke on Saturday 17th of November 2012 01:19:59 AM
Old 11-17-2012
you frogot the ;; after the line
Code:
* ) echo "You chose $distro, now booting OS"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux Benchmarks

Linux Benchmarks Makes No Sense

I created two computers with identical hardware, and run the benchmark programs in both starting at the same exact time. What makes no sense is that the computer that has the lower average index (121) finished the race a good 30 minutes ahead of the computer wich showed the higher avg index... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philip_38
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple grep - Not sure it makes sense!

I have 3 files in directory mydir named as follows, I run the sequence of commands shown below and I have questions at the result. File names are: ABC_GP0 ABC_GP0.ctl ABC_GPX Commands and results: $ ls /mydir/ | grep * <-- (q1) I get nothing - OK $ ls /mydir/ | grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: How do I grep on a variable? (or simmilar question that makes sense)

Hi, I've been running code which very frequently calls books.csv. e.g: grep -i horror books.csv > tempExcept, I'm trying to move away from using temporary files or frequently calling books.csv to improve efficiency. So I tried something like bookfile=$(cat books.csv) grep -i horror... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff result makes no sense

Hi, I have written a small shellscript Imagine dbalt.txt already existed... " .... touch report.txt lynx -dump "http://site.com/index.htm" > site1.txt lynx -dump "http://site.com/index2.htm" > site2.txt grep -E 'Nummer: |EUR' site1.txt > preis1.txt grep -E 'Nummer: |EUR' site2.txt >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blackbox
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

text based football game?

Is there a textbased football game (American) that I can download through ubuntu server edition? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dadoprso
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a Text based game. Need help.

Okay so Zork sparked my interest in this. I have been learning to program for the last year and a half. I've dabbled in everything from Java to Ruby to PHP & XHTML & SQL, and now I'm on bash. I really like bash scripting. Its easy and fun. I just started two days ago. Pretty much I've been writing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lemonoid
1 Replies

7. Programming

This Makes NO sense. I'm making a game and getting an error, need help.

Okay so I'm making a simple text based game that branches into different scenarios. By branching I mean branching off into whole different files with that part of the game in it. I got tired of working on scenario 1 so I'm working on scenario 2. As I get started and try to test it, I get an error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lemonoid
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Making a text based game

Hello, I am looking to make a text based game, that runs in the command window, or a window similar. I will only need to use 1 window. I read somewhere that there is libraries for this kind of thing? But I can't remember the name of them.. Can anyone point me in a direction? I will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a text based game using shell script.

Hello guys I'm new to shell scripting and I need to make a game using shell script. I want to know if it is possible for me a total noob to shell scripting to make this game. The game concept is simple: First thing when you launch the script you get a menu in which you select if you want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Othmane
3 Replies
create-branching-keyboard(1)					   User Commands				      create-branching-keyboard(1)

NAME
create-branching-keyboard - create branching keyboards for GOK SYNOPSIS
create-branching-keyboard [--usage] infile [n-desired-rows] DESCRIPTION
create-branching-keyboard takes an input data file and creates a family of branching keyboard XML files in the format that GOK expects. Given an input file named test.data, create-branching-keyboard creates test.data.kbd, which in turn refers to a family of *.kbd files that are created based on data in the input file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --usage Display usage information. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: infile The name of the input file. n-desired-rows If specified, create-branching-keyboard attempts to create keyboards with the specified number of rows. The recommended values are between 2 and 6. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
create-branching-keyboard can be used to create families of branching keyboards from UTF-8 input files. The format of the input files is as follows: o Lines beginning with '#' are ignored. o The rest of the input file consists of consecutive pairs of lines. The first line of a pair is typically ignored, but should serve as a UTF-8 label describing the "primary key" in the next line. The second line of the pair consists of a single UTF-8 character followed by a ':' color delimiter, and a string of UTF-8 characters to which the initial character may branch. The resulting XML file, after processing, defines .kbd files such that each prefix 'primary key' forms a key on the GOK keyboard whose label is the "primary key" UTF-8 character, and which branches to a keyboard consisting of the following UTF-8 characters, one per key. create-branching-keyboard is particularly useful in creating branching keyboards for ideographic languages. For instance, the primary key for a given line may consist of the UTF-8 character for a 'radical' such as hng. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Creating Branching Keyboards From a File Called test.data example% create-branching-keyboard test.data EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/create-branchinExecutable to create branching keyboards for GOK ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-a11y-gok-share | | | | | |SUNWgnome-a11y-gok | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gok(1) NOTES
The create-branching-keyboard utility is experimental and unsupported. Written by Bill Haneman, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 7 Sep 2004 create-branching-keyboard(1)