Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mandatory FS for mksysb
Operating Systems AIX Mandatory FS for mksysb Post 302731459 by Fundix on Thursday 15th of November 2012 05:13:11 AM
Old 11-15-2012
When i wrote files are moving I mean that somes files are updated during mksysb process. Sorry for the mistake.

No datavg present, only a nimvg :
Code:
LV NAME             TYPE       LPs     PPs     PVs  LV STATE      MOUNT POINT
lvnim02spot         jfs2       40      40      1    open/syncd    /nim/spot
lvnim02lpp          jfs2       196     196     1    open/syncd    /nim/lpp
lvnim02mksysb       jfs2       3200    3200    1    open/syncd    /nim/mksysb
loglv00             jfs2log    1       1       1    open/syncd    N/A
fslv00              jfs2       20      20      1    open/syncd    /aixconfig
fslv02              jfs2       120     120     1    open/syncd    /essai
lvnim02viobacku     jfs2       79      79      1    open/syncd    /nim/viobackup
loglv01             jfslog     1       1       1    closed/syncd  N/A

I guess it would be a good idea to have one or to use /etc/exclude.rootvg file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mandatory fileds in Bugzilla

Hi, We need to configure some of the fileds in bugzilla like Platform,OS, Version etc are mandatory. Is it possible to set, if yes then how to configure. Thanks & Regards, Bache (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
0 Replies

2. AIX

mksysb

Hello everyone I have two questions. I would like to hear your opinions, your tips. I have several box with aix 5.3. the rootvg in each box has mirror. but I have a cron that makes a mksysb every week. Do you think that it the best to have a mksysb of rootvg if I have a mirror on this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

3. BSD

Log off mandatory after adding a user to a group to take effect?

Hello I have a group called "media" which has a 7 access to a directory with the same name, my username was not included in that group, after vimming /etc/group and adding myself to it, I notice that that group is not defined as one of my groups (by issuing the "groups" command). I know that if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mandatory & record locking using client server architecture

Hi I want a program of employee database locking with mendatory & record locking using client server architecture .there are two type of clients one which has all permissions of read/write called supervisor & another can only read the file.employee data base should contain 1) name 2)ID 3)BU... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rluha
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage: optional and mandatory arguments

I have an awk script which can be used in the following ways: xi and xf will only be mandatory when processing the file fin.zc. awk -v xi=0/-0.5 -v xf=80/30 -f ./zc2cmd.awk fin.zc > fout.cmod awk -f ./zc2cmd.awk -u awk -f ./zc2cmd.awk --usg awk -f ./zc2cmd.awk -e awk -f ./zc2cmd.awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to match mandatory column in file.?

(3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rishabh Jain
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell script with mandatory and optional input

Hello I would like to write a bash shell script which will need user to supply one variable which is mandatory and some other optional variables. If mandatory variable is not supplied by user, the script will exit. If optional values are not supplied by user, hard-coded value (in the script)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Is redhat training mandatory for RHCSA certification

Hey guys, I m planning to take the RHCSA certification. Do I have to take the training from RedHat first? Is it mandatory or I can go on my own and appear for the certification? Let me know. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server ehen Restarting Database Server?

Good afternoon I need your help please. There is a Mantenance Windos which needs to Restart de Database Server 192.x.x.97 to set up some configuration Is it mandatory or not to stop/start Applcation server that runs in 192.x.x.95 ? Is it mandatory or not to stop/start apache and Tomcat?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies
british-english-insane(5)					   Users' Manual					 british-english-insane(5)

NAME
british-english-insane - a list of English words DESCRIPTION
/usr/share/dict/british-english-insane is an ASCII file which contains an alphabetic list of words, one per line. FILES
There may be any number of word lists in /usr/share/dict/. /etc/dictionaries-common/words is a symbolic link to the currently-chosen /usr/share/dict/<language> file. /usr/share/dict/words is a symbolic link to /etc/dictionaries-common/words, and is the name by which other software should refer to the system word list. See select-default-wordlist(8) for more information, and/or to change the currently- chosen word list. The directory /usr/share/dict can contain word lists for many languages, with name of the language in English, e.g., /usr/share/dict/french and /usr/share/dict/danish contain respectively lists of French and Danish words if they exist. Such lists should be coded using the ISO 8859-1 character set encoding. SEE ALSO
ispell(1), select-default-wordlist(8), and the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard. HISTORY
The words lists are not specific, and may be generated from any number of sources. The system word list used to be /usr/dict/words. For compatibility, software should check that location if /usr/share/dict/words does not exist. AUTHOR
Word lists are collected and maintained by various authors. The Debian English word lists are built from the SCOWL (Spell- Checker Ori- ented Word Lists) package, whose upstream editor is Kevin Atkinson <kevina@users.sourceforge.net>. Debian 16 June 2003 british-english-insane(5)