Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris [HELP] what does "2>&1" do in crontab? Post 302731335 by edydsuranta on Wednesday 14th of November 2012 08:33:56 PM
Old 11-14-2012
Hi methyl,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tested, if the output error rc=1, it will not generate an email of the output, but redirected to a file.

If the output warning (rc=4) can be redirected to a file?
Could you give me the simple scenario for output warning, please?

By adding "2>&1" is it the best choice for redirect output cron to a file?

Thanks
Edy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"nohup" and "&" commands

Why would anyone ever type in a command like this: nohup command & nohup lets you logout of your telnet session so why add "&" to run it in the background? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run away "bootpgw" & "inetd"

Hello All. I'm get the following messages posted to the /var/adm/syslog file ever second and not sure on how to stop the process. May 14 15:50:52 a3360 bootpgw: version 2.3.5 May 14 15:50:52 a3360 inetd: /etc/bootpgw exit 0x1 As said about this gets logged every second only thing that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cfaiman
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions

Hi, I am a Unix Admin. I have to give the permissions to a user for creating new file in a directory in HP-Ux 11.11 system since he cannot able to create a new file in the directory. Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file

Hi, I've modified the syslogd source to include a thread that will keep track of a timer(or a timer thread). My intention is to check the file size of /var/log/messages in every one minute & if the size is more than 128KB, do a echo " " > /var/log/messages, so that the file size will be set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

8. Web Development

How would I mod_rewrite "/~a1Pha" and "/=a1Pha" to "/paste/a1Pha.htm"? (internally & externally)

Basically I want to shorten URLs on my html pasting site (pasteht.ml), by using "/~a1Pha" instead of "/paste/a1Pha". The ID is 5 numbers and letters, both cases. For example: /~idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /=idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /paste/idnum redirects to /~idnum (to update any old... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillips1012
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files in sub dir with tag & add "." at the beginning [tag -f "Note" . | xargs -0 {} mv {} .{}]

I am trying find files in sub dir with certain tags using tag command, and add the period to the beginning. I can't use chflags hidden {} cause it doesn't add period to the beginning of the string for web purpose. So far with my knowledge, I only know mdfind or tag can be used to search files with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
6 Replies
NOTMUCH-REPLY(1)					      General Commands Manual						  NOTMUCH-REPLY(1)

NAME
notmuch-reply - Constructs a reply template for a set of messages. SYNOPSIS
notmuch reply [options...] <search-term>... DESCRIPTION
Constructs a reply template for a set of messages. To make replying to email easier, notmuch reply takes an existing set of messages and constructs a suitable mail template. The Reply-to: header (if any, otherwise From:) is used for the To: address. Unless --reply-to=sender is specified, values from the To: and Cc: headers are copied, but not including any of the current user's email addresses (as configured in primary_mail or other_email in the .notmuch-con- fig file) in the recipient list. It also builds a suitable new subject, including Re: at the front (if not already present), and adding the message IDs of the messages being replied to to the References list and setting the In-Reply-To: field correctly. Finally, the original contents of the emails are quoted by prefixing each line with '> ' and included in the body. The resulting message template is output to stdout. Supported options for reply include --format=(default|json|headers-only) default Includes subject and quoted message body. json Produces JSON output containing headers for a reply message and the contents of the original message. This output can be used by a client to create a reply message intelligently. headers-only Only produces In-Reply-To, References, To, Cc, and Bcc headers. --reply-to=(all|sender) all (default) Replies to all addresses. sender Replies only to the sender. If replying to user's own message (Reply-to: or From: header is one of the user's configured email addresses), try To:, Cc:, and Bcc: headers in this order, and copy values from the first that contains something other than only the user's addresses. --decrypt Decrypt any MIME encrypted parts found in the selected content (ie. "multipart/encrypted" parts). Status of the decryption will be reported (currently only supported with --format=json) and the multipart/encrypted part will be replaced by the decrypted content. See notmuch-search-terms(7) for details of the supported syntax for <search-terms>. Note: It is most common to use notmuch reply with a search string matching a single message, (such as id:<message-id>), but it can be use- ful to reply to several messages at once. For example, when a series of patches are sent in a single thread, replying to the entire thread allows for the reply to comment on issues found in multiple patches. The default format supports replying to multiple messages at once, but the JSON format does not. SEE ALSO
notmuch(1), notmuch-config(1), notmuch-count(1), notmuch-dump(1), notmuch-hooks(5), notmuch-new(1), notmuch-restore(1), notmuch-search(1), notmuch-search-terms(7), notmuch-show(1), notmuch-tag(1) Notmuch 0.13.2 2012-06-01 NOTMUCH-REPLY(1)