Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Keyboard Mouse Display not working with Pseries Post 302731021 by filosophizer on Wednesday 14th of November 2012 05:16:46 AM
Old 11-14-2012
[SOlved]

[solved]

The only solution was to replace the motherboard and it worked.

So, points to note:

1- If you don't see power in mouse / keyboard during bootup something is wrong with the motherboard
2- Even after removing all the hard drives from the Bay, the system was booting to B N instead of giving errors.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: Thanks for the follow-up. Edited the thread-title accordingly.

Last edited by bakunin; 11-14-2012 at 08:44 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX 11.11: X doesn't recognize mouse and keyboard

hi folks, i've got a blank hp visualize C3000 workstation and installed HP-UX 11.11. When I want to start X, I get the following error message: # X Fatal server error: Couldn't open X pointer device! Is one attached? I've connected an mouse and a keyboard with an usb/ps2 connector.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grisu
5 Replies

2. Programming

How to get capture input events from keyboard and mouse

Hi, Is there any way to capture/record the input events from keyboard, as well as from mouse using C. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhacks
4 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

mouse/keyboard wrist lesions.

Anyone ever had any problem related to wrist lesions caused by keyboard or mouse? Tendinitis? Tenosynovitis? How long it lasted? How did it go away? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redoubtable
3 Replies

4. AIX

keyboard and mouse not working in graphical login

Dear frnz I face a weird issue with p275 workstation with Aix 5.1 After booting the workstation i am getting dt login screen and i am not able to key in user name and passwd .The mouse pointer is moving but the mouse buttons doesnt work. i am able to login through rsh to the machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Debian] Stop input from keyboard and mouse

Dear friends, I need to stop getting input from keyboard and mouse at some specific time like, every day from 6 PM to 7PM likewise. How can I do this. Kindly guide me to do this. I need to block the input. I am using Debian OS. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check keyboard and mouse activity

I need help from someone that is good at making scripts. I'm trying to make a script file that checks for keyboard and mouse activity during 1 am to 8 am and logs you off if it detects activity. I can't find anything useful in google. ---------- Post updated 06-30-10 at 12:33 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

7. SCO

X Server -> keyboard and mouse are freezing

hi I've configured X Server using Video Configuration Manager on SCO 5.0.6, but the keyboard and mouse are freezing after 5 minutes on the graphical login mask. ---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:43 AM ---------- BTW I finished the configuration,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Keyboard vs mouse

Which Input device do you use the most ? for me... keyboard ofcourse !! (56 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
56 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies
Mouse::Util(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Mouse::Util(3pm)

NAME
Mouse::Util - Utilities for working with Mouse classes VERSION
This document describes Mouse version 0.99 SYNOPSIS
use Mouse::Util; # turns on strict and warnings DESCRIPTION
This module provides a set of utility functions. Many of these functions are intended for use in Mouse itself or MouseX modules, but some of them may be useful for use in your own code. IMPLEMENTATIONS FOR
Moose::Util functions The following functions are exportable. "find_meta($class_or_obj)" The same as "Mouse::Util::class_of()". "does_role($class_or_obj, $role_or_obj)" "resolve_metaclass_alias($category, $name, %options)" "apply_all_roles($applicant, @roles)" "english_listi(@items)" Class::MOP functions The following functions are not exportable. "Mouse::Util::is_class_loaded($classname) -> Bool" Returns whether $classname is actually loaded or not. It uses a heuristic which involves checking for the existence of $VERSION, @ISA, and any locally-defined method. "Mouse::Util::load_class($classname) -> ClassName" This will load a given $classname (or die if it is not loadable). This function can be used in place of tricks like "eval "use $module ()"" or using "require". "Mouse::Util::class_of($classname_or_object) -> MetaClass" "Mouse::Util::get_metaclass_by_name($classname) -> MetaClass" "Mouse::Util::get_all_metaclass_instances() -> (MetaClasses)" "Mouse::Util::get_all_metaclass_names() -> (ClassNames)" mro (or MRO::Compat) "get_linear_isa" Sub::Identify "get_code_info" Mouse specific utilities "not_supported" "get_code_package" "get_code_ref" SEE ALSO
Moose::Util Class::MOP Sub::Identify mro MRO::Compat perl v5.14.2 2012-06-30 Mouse::Util(3pm)