Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab sourcing PATH?
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Crontab sourcing PATH? Post 302730427 by wilsonee on Monday 12th of November 2012 09:36:06 PM
Old 11-12-2012
Hi Jim,

I tried your suggestion and this is what I get. I have echo $PATH > tmp.file in the script A so I can check if the path has been sourced. It continues to print one with /sbin in its path which I think is being logged from export then once the script A executes it prints the PATH as being /usr/bin:/bin to the default again.

/usr/bin:/bin:/sbin
/usr/bin:/bin

Thanks.

Wilson.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

arguments in sourcing file

Hello ! I want to make a script like that. #!/bin/csh -f setenv toto me setenv titi you setenv tata $1 in which tata is visible outside the script, after sourcing this script. It seems that you can only do source script and not source script arg How can I do that ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nathe
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab and path

hi All, here the problem: I'm not able to specify a PATH inside the crontab file. The only syntax it accepts is the usual "* * * * * file" I'm not able to add PATH, or HOME, or MAILTO, or anything else. when I try to save the crontab, I have the error: "crontab: error on previous line;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuliggians
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maintain full path of a script in a var when sourcing it from a different script

Hi All, I've searched through the forum for a solution to this problem, but I haven't found anything. I have 2 script files that are in different directories. My first script, let's call it "/one/two/a.sh" looks like this: #!/bin/sh IN_DIR=`dirname $0` CUR_DIR=`pwd` cd $IN_DIR... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrbluegreen
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sourcing the .bashrc

Hello, I am quite new to Linux... I need to set some aliases and I can't get it to work. Can somebody tell me what's wrong? I modified the .bashrc file in my home directory. I added: alias pmv= '/home/vera/MGLTools-1.4.5/share/bin/pmv' saved it and ran source .bashrc The shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nusy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Nested Sourcing files.

Hi, I have a script #!/bin/ksh #reading parameters. . FileA Echo ...... ...... File A has all parameters. FileA: Infile=xyz.com outfile=abc.com #Userid file . FileB FileB: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

6. Solaris

cannot add PATH to user crontab file

hi All, here is the problem: I'm not able to specify a PATH inside the user crontab file (/var/spool/cron/crontabs). The only syntax it accepts is the usual "* * * * * file" I'm not able to add PATH, or HOME, or MAILTO, or anything else. when I try to save the crontab, I have the error: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe_x
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sourcing .profile for other users

Hi Team, Thank you for your time. i have a situation where the user IDs of the applicatio users have been locked down to Read only. Hence I am writing a script to invoke their old .profile every time they login. My problem is : when i run . $userpath/.profile from within the ksh script... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitha111
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script working when run manually but not in crontab showing path not found

i have a script running using variable defined in .profile when i run that script manually its working but when i run the same script through cron its giving path not found I had defined path in .profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_saini20
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a crontab 3 * * 1,3,5 /path/of/script.sh

Hi! We are on AIX 6.1 TL6 I am an Admin for a Content Management application that is hosted on an AIX machine and i am supposed to come up with a cronjob that runs every monday at 03:00 am. The current schedule of that cron job is : 3 * * 1,3,5 /path/of/script.sh But i do not know... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: atechcorp
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep script name with path from crontab

I need help to grep file name with path from crontab ex : 0 5 * * * /tmp/test.sh 2>/tmp/test.log output : /tmp/test.sh Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhonnyrip
6 Replies