Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Removing unnecessary eol ($) character from Oracle sql query output Post 302727621 by Harshal22 on Tuesday 6th of November 2012 01:59:51 PM
Old 11-06-2012
I have to keep last $ as it is. It is expected eol character.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the sql query's output in a variable

Hi, My requirement is : We are calling an sql statement from a UNIX session, and fetching data into some variables from a table .. now we are unable to access these variables from outside the SQL part. Please let me know how can I achieve this. Can you please share a code snippet which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh_sasi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle SQL Query & connect?

Hi I'm looking to query a table on a database and then iterate over the results in a loop. I believe this is the last part of my script that I need (after finding out threads for passing variables to other scripts and calling functions in other scripts). I've searched the forums but the best... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dird
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirecting sql query output to a file

Hi, I am executing sql files in my unix shell script. Now i want to find whether its a success or a failure record and redirect the success or failure to the respective files. meaning. success records to success.log file failure record to failure.log file. As of now i am doing like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing unnecessary Delimiters from a file

Hi all, I have a pipe delimited file - (sample data) 1|1|K|Doe|1234567890|123456789|EXP|99|99|John|Y|Dallas|Texas|Kyle|999 2|1|A|2|01/01/9999|Appl|01/01/9999|vendor|Select|||||| 3|1|A|2|01/01/9999|Check|01/01/9999|ksmith|Suggest|||||| 4|1|T|Complaint|Mary|01/01/9999|01/01/9999|||||||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read value from user and use it in Oracle SQL query

Guys can anyone just tell me whether i can pass a value(from UNIX SCRIPT) as an ARGUMENT in Oracle Query? e.g. echo "enter value" read value insert into tablename where col=$value /*something like this*/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subodh.thakar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl- oracle sql query

Hi, I am new to perl.How to query oracle database with perl??? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tdev457
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a SQL select query in Oracle database through shell script?

I need to run a SQL select query in Oracle database and have to capture the list of retrieved records in shell script. Also i would like to modify the query for certain condition and need to fetch it again. How can i do this? Is there a way to have a persistent connection to oracle database... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
9 Replies

8. Solaris

SQL QUERY to Table Output

Hi I am trying to run sql query from solaris in csh script and send the output to email. Below is my sql query select p.spid,se.program seprogram, se.machine, se.username, sq.sql_text,sq.retrows from v$process p inner join v$session se on p.addr = se.paddr inner join ( select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

9. Programming

Oracle simple SQL query result in: ORA-08103: object no longer exists

Dear community, please help with a query on Oracle. I'm using SQLPlus (but with SQLDeveloper is the same) to accamplish a sinple query like: select count(*) from ARCHIT_D_TB where (TYP_ID=22 OR TYP_ID=23) and SUB_TM like '%SEP%' and CONS=1234This is a very simple query that works perfect until... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql query output count

Hi Team, below sql rerturn 20 records, the result set i am going to assign to one variable and it showing count is 1. and i don't use count() in sql query... based on count, i need to fail the script. No_of_step=`echo ${g_count} | wc -l` function gf_count() { g_count=`sqlplus -s... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk123
8 Replies
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins - Pre-ANSI Joins-via-Where-Clause Syntax PURPOSE
This module is used with Oracle < 9.0 due to lack of support for standard ANSI join syntax. SYNOPSIS
Not intended for use directly; used as the sql_maker_class for schemas and components. DESCRIPTION
Implements pre-ANSI joins specified in the where clause. Instead of: SELECT x FROM y JOIN z ON y.id = z.id It will write: SELECT x FROM y, z WHERE y.id = z.id It should properly support left joins, and right joins. Full outer joins are not possible due to the fact that Oracle requires the entire query be written to union the results of a left and right join, and by the time this module is called to create the where query and table definition part of the sql query, it's already too late. METHODS
select Overrides DBIx::Class::SQLMaker's select() method, which calls _oracle_joins() to modify the column and table list before calling next::method(). BUGS
Does not support full outer joins (however neither really does DBIC itself) SEE ALSO
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins - Storage class using this DBIx::Class::SQLMaker - Parent module DBIx::Class - Duh AUTHOR
Justin Wheeler "<jwheeler@datademons.com>" CONTRIBUTORS
David Jack Olrik "<djo@cpan.org>" LICENSE
This module is licensed under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-22 DBIx::Class::SQLMaker::OracleJoins(3)