Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add '|' to data file on particular position Post 302727565 by rakesh5300 on Tuesday 6th of November 2012 12:09:33 PM
Old 11-06-2012
Add '|' to data file on particular position

I have below scenario where i am getting a flat file but with some bad data

incoming data format
Code:
id|name|ind|crncy
123|xxx|y|usd
234|yy|n|
456|a|y90.5|vvv|gbp ----bad data

need to cleanse the bad data above by adding a pipe '|' after 3rd column 'ind' if pipe '|' is not already there

desired output
Code:
id|name|ind|crncy
123|xxx|y|usd
234|yy|n|
456|a|y|90.5|vvv|gbp

Note: Indicator column value can be Y or N ,if that helps

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-06-2012 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: moved code tags to right place

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

find the position in a file and insert the data there

Hi, I have a EDI data file ARROWTEST of size 18246 characters. And I want to insert some data after 4200 position in the file. How I can find the position 4200 in that file....Please advise. Regards, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: isingh786
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a string in the specified position of the file

I have a file and it contains some text and the length is 145. I need to add a string which is of length 8 at the 120th position. Is it possible to add???? Need help on this....:( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.rj
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from different position of a line

I want help reading data from different position of a line cat filename | cut -c120-131 6263-6280 or cat filename | cut -c120-131 -c6263-6280 doesn't seem to work. Please help jak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add characters at specific position in file

Hello I want to add some value at the specific position. My file has data like Hello Welcome to UNIX Forums Need Assistance I want to add some value at the end but at same character position for all lines. I want my output file to have data like : Here '_' represents blanks.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving first position in a file to the last position

hi, I have a file which consists of some records: 2010_06_4010093_001_001|10|ABCDEFGH|9|4010093||0040400||31.12.2009|S|O|X||||20100602093851-31.12.2009|XXBBFC|EFG||||00001| 2010_06_4010162_001_001|11|ABCDEFGH|9|4010162||0040400||31.12.2009|S|O|X||||20100602093851-31.12.2009|XXBBFC|EFG||||00002|... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pparthiv
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on position

The file has record length 200. And i have 100 search strings which are ten digits of character from 1 to 10 characters all of them are unique, they need to searched in a file. Please help me to pull the records based on position (say from 1-10). test data 1FAHP2DW0BG115206RASHEED ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

add more data to existing data in a file

Hi all, I need help to add additional data from file2 to existing data in file 1 using awk, sed or perl. the ID in file 1 should match against field $3 in file2 file1 #this is a new game ID HR_1 BASE1 30 BASE2 37 DETAIL No TYPE L @@ ID HR_10 BASE1 6030 BASE2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to copy data from one position to another in file

Hi. I need to write a script that will allow me to copy data from one position in a line to another position while changing the first 2 bytes of the data to a constant. Here is an example of a line of data before and what it needs to look like after. there are about 200 lines in the file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wlb_shore_user
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read data from tab delimited file after a specific position?

Hi Experts, I have a tab deliminated file as below myfile.txt Local Group Memberships *Administrators *Guests I need data in below format starting from 4th position. myfile1.txt Administrators Guests the above one is just an example and there could... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu1988
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column to row and position data in a text file

Hi everyone.. I have a list of values in a file... a, b, c, 1, 2, 3, aaaa, bbbbb, I am interested in converting this column to a row.. "text",aaaa, bbbb a,1 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manihi
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)