Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue with svn update using cron job. Post 302727417 by bhavesh.sapra on Tuesday 6th of November 2012 08:09:12 AM
Old 11-06-2012
Issue with svn update using cron job.

I want to update svn code using a nightly job using cron, i have created a job in cron as,

Code:
30 17-19 * * 1-5 /home/saprab/svnUpdate.sh <branch> <svnusername> <svnpassword> >> <logfile> 2>&1

svnUpdate.sh :
===============
Code:
#!/bin/bash
branch=$1
svnuser=$2
svnpass=$3
cd ${branch}
svn update --username ${svnuser} --password ${svnpass}

i am getting error in logfile as "svn: This client is too old to work with working copy '.'; please get a newer Subversion client"

if i run the same shell script from command line it updates the code where as using cron job its not updating the code.

Last edited by vbe; 11-06-2012 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: rm icode...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with cron job

Hi, I have a script which I am able to run from command line. When I put this in cron, it fails and gives the following message: ld.so.1: /d00/documentum/product/5.2.5/bin/dmbasic: fatal: libdmcl40.so: open failed: No such file or directory The ksh script looks like this: # Set this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with cron job -Please help

Hi , I have an issue with cron job that i have scheduled today. The problem is that when i run this script in command prompt it work good giving me the desired results but if i schedule this to run using cron job it failes giving a "syntax error in line 11 :$"..... Can anyone look into this and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job issue

This is regarding my cron job. My cron entry 30 * * * 1-5,0 /work1/informix/sample/script1.sh 31 * * * 1-5,0 /work1/informix/sample/script2.sh Every 30 mins script1.sh is run. (mon thru friday and sunday) Every 30 mins script2.sh is run. (mon thru friday and sunday) This is based on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job issue..i hav read the basic threads already...

hi friends well m facing a different sort of issue in my cron. i hav set job like this 30 09 * * 1 /bin/backup14M 01 14 * * 1 /bin/backup14N 20 18 * * 1 /bin/backup14E that is for every Monday at three different times. but, first job executes well, later ones do not. I checked my... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle.test2
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job issue

Hi , I want to run script every minute so i added . cron entry as below usning crontab -e looks like */1 * * * * sh /home/sai/http_sim/http_start.sh but cron job is not running ? any way to start the cron or something ? Thanks, Raghavendra (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Svn update

dear all after a wile that i was able to update my model with ''svn update'', now i can not update my model with that command:mad:. my model is COAWST please see the following error: $ svn update svn: OPTIONS of 'https://coawstmodel.sourcerepo.com/coawstmodel/COAWST': SSL handshake failed:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: komijani
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Svn export issue

Hi all, When i do "svn export <URL of the specific file in svn>" it gives me file which is of older version instead of a file which is of latest or current working version. On the other hand, "svn co <URL of the directory in svn>" It gives me latest version committed files and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnsjw702
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cron Job Issue

Dear Members Seeking you help on my issue. this script need to run on every end of month.i configured as below. but it runs everyday. why 0 9 28-31 * * ] && /usr/bin/bash /u01///scripts/e.sh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ded325
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cron Job Issue

My Friends I want to run a script only at the end of month.but i tried below cront entry its not working. pls help 0 9 28-31 ] && /usr/bin/bash /u01/app/scripts/CX-eom.shOs Details: AIX 7.1.0.0 Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ded325
5 Replies
SVN-BISECT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     SVN-BISECT(1)

NAME
svn-bisect - Bisect Subversion revisions to find a regression SYNOPSIS
svn-bisect start [good_rev [bad_rev]] svn-bisect {good|bad} [rev] svn-bisect run command svn-bisect reset svn-bisect status DESCRIPTION
svn-bisect helps to automate finding a bug or behavior change in a Subversion working copy. Given an initial "good" revision, with the desired or original behavior, and a newer "bad" revision, with the undesired or modified behavior, svn-bisect will do a binary search through the revision range to find which revision caused the change. svn-bisect must be initialized in a working copy, with svn-bisect start. It also needs to be given at least one good revision (the base- line) and one bad revision (known modified behavior) revision. Sub-commands: start Initializes or reinitializes svn-bisect; optionally takes good and bad revision parameters. good rev bad rev Tells svn-bisect that a revision is good or bad, defining or narrowing the search space. If not specified, revision defaults to the current revision in the working copy. svn-bisect will then update to a revision halfway between the new good and bad boundaries. If this update crosses a point where a branch was created, it switches in or out of the branch. reset Resets the working copy to the revision and branch where svn-bisect start was run. In the simple case this is equivalent to rm -r .svn-bisect; svn update, but not if it has crossed branches, and not if you did not start at the HEAD revision. In any case, svn-bisect never keeps track of mixed-revision working copies, so do not use svn-bisect in a working copy that will need to be restored to mixed revisions. status Prints a brief status message. run command Runs the bisection in a loop. You must have already defined initial good and bad boundary conditions. Each iteration through the loop runs command as a shell command (a single argument, quoted if necessary) on the chosen revision, then marks the revision as good or bad, based on the exit status of command. EXAMPLES
Assume you are trying to find which revision between 1250 and 1400 caused the make check command to fail. svn-bisect start 1250 1400 svn-bisect run 'make check' svn-bisect reset ENVIRONMENT
SVN The Subversion command-line program to call (default svn). FILES
.svn-bisect The directory containing state information, removed after a successful bisection. SEE ALSO
git-bisect(1). AUTHOR
Written by Robert Millan and Peter Samuelson, for the Debian Project (but may be used by others). 2009-10-22 SVN-BISECT(1)