Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help on script to change permissions Post 302727397 by pamu on Tuesday 6th of November 2012 07:51:01 AM
Old 11-06-2012
that's useless use of find,cat,mkdir,for and for
Try
Code:
chmod 777 $(ls -l /moneta_polled01/sgsn/ | awk '$0 !~ /rwxrwxrwx/ && /^-/{print $9}')

Last edited by pamu; 11-06-2012 at 08:56 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Korn Shell Script to change the permissions

Hi, All I am trying to change the permission for all the files in the current dir such that the user(owner) have the read write and excute permissions. When I excute the korn shell it will change the whole files and directory permissions as "rwx". Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uhelp
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to change the access permissions of the files

Hi, I want to change the access permissions of the files whose extension is same.For example *.c but these are inside a directory and inside that other directory is there and it contains the .c files..for example-- So my aim is to search the files under src and change the access permissions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to change permissions

Hi everyone, There are couple of users of which i need to give 2 of the users admin rights so that they are able to run the administration commands like "zoneadm" and locale. When logged in as root i am obviously able to do that.please suggest any way by which the other 2 user's permissions can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to recursively change permissions on file and dirs differently?

Hi there, I need to change all files/dirs 1. all files with 744 2. all dirs with 755 is there a script for that ? thanks, thegunman (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGunMan
13 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

script to change widows update permissions

I want to allow windows update when ordinary users are logged on, I'm pretty sure that adjusting the permissions registry entry HEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/WindowsUpdate to allow acces to all domins users does the trick. I already have a logon.bat that runs at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To change permissions in mv or cp

Is there any option with mv or cp command so that a file permissions and name of the file can be changed in single mv or cp command. I searched man mv but doesn't found any option like that. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devesh5683
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on script to change permissions

Hi I have written the following script that later I want to put in cron,: #!/bin/bash _find="/usr/bin/find" _paths="/moneta_polled01/mediation_gsm /moneta_polled01/mediation_mmsc" for d in $_paths do $_find $d -type f -exec chmod 777 {} \; done but it does not seem to be... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change permissions

Hi everyboy, I've installed a Virtualbox on my computer, inside the VB i'm running RedHat. So my problems it's that i need to run the scripts runasroot.sh to install the guest addiont, i'm doing this by console. I wrote chmod 775 ./runasroot.sh but doesn't works. I'm login as root user. Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change Permissions on files and directories

Hey, It's me again. Have a problem, that's not really a problem. I have the below script, that goes to the directory I want it to go to. lists out the directories available, lets you choose the directory you want, then it changes the permissions on said directory. using chmod -R and chown -R. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Note that package.shlibs is only installed in compat level 9 and earlier. In compat 10, please use dh_makeshlibs(1). package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. However, the "maint-script-parameters" should not be included as debhelper will add those automatically. Example: # Correct rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo # INCORRECT rm_conffile /etc/obsolete.conf 0.2~ foo -- "$@" In compat 10 or later, any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. It was also the intention to escape shell metacharacters in previous compat levels. However, it did not work properly and as such it was possible to embed arbitrary shell code in earlier compat levels. The dh_installdeb tool will do some basic validation of some of the commands listed in this file to catch common mistakes. The validation is enabled as a warning since compat 10 and as a hard error in compat 12. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)