Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying the first field if the second field matches the pattern using Perl Post 302727123 by elixir_sinari on Monday 5th of November 2012 09:26:09 PM
Old 11-05-2012
That's as simple as:
Code:
perl -lane 'print $F[0] if $F[1] =~ /bb$/' myfile

You don't need any dummy file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print line if first Field matches a pattern

Hi All, I would like my code to be able to print out the whole line if 1st field has a dot in the number. Sample input and expected output given below. My AWK code is below but it can;t work, can any expert help me ? Thanks in advance. {if ($1 ~ /*\.*/) { print $0 }} Input: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying lines of a file where the second field matches a pattern

Howdy. I know this is most likely possible using sed or awk or grep, most likely a combination of them together, but how would one go about running a grep like command on a file where you only try to match your pattern to the second field in a line, space delimited? Example: You are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezoX
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding field values if field matches

hi i have file as below , i want to add duplicate records like bell_bb to one record with valuve as 15 ( addition of both ) any oneline awk script to achive this ? header 0 CAMPAIGN_NAME 1 Bell_BB 14 Bell_MONTHLY 803 SOLO_UNBEATABLE 644 Bell_BB 1 Bell_MONTHLY 25 SOLO_UNBEATABLE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print line if field matches?

Hi all, I got several lines line this a b c d e 1 e a 1 c d e 3 f a b c 1 e 8 h a b c d e 1 w a 1 c d e 2 w a b c d e 1 t a b c d e 7 4 How can I print the line if 1 is the field one before the last field? Basicly this 2 field ? a b c d e 1 e a b c d e 1 t The file I got is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to sum specific field when pattern matches

Trying to sum field #6 when field #2 matches string as follows: Input data: 2010-09-18-20.24.44.206117 UOWEXEC db2bp DB2XYZ hostname 1 2010-09-18-20.24.44.206117 UOWWAIT db2bp DB2XYZ hostname ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: Pattern match between 2 files, then compare a field in file1 as > or < field in file2

First, thanks for the help in previous posts... couldn't have gotten where I am now without it! So here is what I have, I use AWK to match $1 and $2 as 1 string in file1 to $1 and $2 as 1 string in file2. Now I'm wondering if I can extend this AWK command to incorporate the following: If $1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying a field completely

Version: AIX 6.1 (korn shell) In the below output, the field with the heading 'Address' has some names like hwproc214-priv1.gnas.wrd.netwhich are only partially displayed. $ netstat -i Name Mtu Network Address Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs Coll en2 1500 link#2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polavan
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match pattern in a field, print pattern only instead of the entire field

Hi ! I have a tab-delimited file, file.tab: Column1 Column2 Column3 aaaaaaaaaa bbtomatoesbbbbbb cccccccccc ddddddddd eeeeappleseeeeeeeee ffffffffffffff ggggggggg hhhhhhtomatoeshhh iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
18 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying field of NR, not the line #

Within AWK, how do you display a field of NR? Here's my code: awk '(NR>1) && (P1=$1-w)>=100000 {print "increase of" " " P1*.0000179," " "kW at" " " 'NR*60/431900' " " "minutes" "\n" "change from" " " 'NR-10($1)' " " "kW to" " " 'NR+70($1)' "\n"}{w=$1}' filename I can change NR and print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markymarkg123
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace last field in a file,if first field matches

Hi, Need to replace last field in a file(/etc/passwd) ,if first filed matches with particular username. Scenario: cat testfor1 deekshi:x:7082:7082::/home/deekshi:/bin/bash harini1:x:7083:7083::/home/harini1:/bin/bash Here,if first field contains "deekshi", then i should replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
IO::Async::Signal(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    IO::Async::Signal(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Signal" - event callback on receipt of a POSIX signal SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::Signal; use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $signal = IO::Async::Signal->new( name => "HUP", on_receipt => sub { print "I caught SIGHUP "; }, ); $loop->add( $signal ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier invokes its callback when a particular POSIX signal is received. Multiple objects can be added to a "Loop" that all watch for the same signal. The callback functions will all be invoked, in no particular order. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_receipt Invoked when the signal is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": name => STRING The name of the signal to watch. This should be a bare name like "TERM". Can only be given at construction time. on_receipt => CODE CODE reference for the "on_receipt" event. Once constructed, the "Signal" will need to be added to the "Loop" before it will work. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Signal(3pm)