Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Restore system to previous time Post 302726507 by droidus on Sunday 4th of November 2012 03:01:06 PM
Old 11-04-2012
Restore system to previous time

Is there a way to restore the system to a previous point in time, like a few hours ago, or just a day?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Full System Restore from 250 - V280R

Hello, Here is what I am trying to do. We have an old Enterprise 250 which we want to phase out. So plan is to move everything running on the 250 to an unused Sun Fire V280R. Here is what I decided to do: 1. Fresh Solaris 8 install on Sun 280R (disk0). Configure network and install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mshafi
1 Replies

2. AIX

Restore previous update w/o multibos

Hi All, How do I restore previous state if my current update failed w/o multibos? Is that possible? Thanks in advance for any idea. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to restore an entire system from a tar file?

Hi folks, I have an image backup of an entire file system (Solaris 9 on N240) on a tar file. How can I use this tar file to retore my system? Thanks, omd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omd
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

restore data after system crash

Hi all, I have a server running HP-UX 11i V1 (11.11). We had a problem with the system disk which cannot boot and the recovery with the CD failed too. the only solution was to re-install the system on a new disk. The problem now is to get access to the data which are on other disks, not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get previous 5 min time stamp in hh:mm format ?

Hi All, How to get previous 5 min time stamp in hh:mm format ? suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine previous time in minutes

I have several logs with where the time stamp in the logs are "YYYYMMDDHHMM". I would like to check the last line in each file to make sure the entry is less than 5 minutes old. My timezone is EST5EDT so the following will work for 1 hour. But I need something easy for 5 minutes ago.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldman2
5 Replies

7. AIX

Tape backup/restore Date/time

good morning everyone how can i find the tape backup/restore Date/time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Portabello
2 Replies

8. SCO

File system restore

Hello, I have a big trouble with SCO Open Server. After improper shutdown the file system has damaged. I can see the partitions as volume sizes with divvy command, but the labels are missing (boot, root, etc), so I can not address them when using fsck command. Is there any chance to restore the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikonoma
2 Replies

9. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)                                               iptables 1.6.1                                               IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)

NAME
iptables-restore -- Restore IP Tables ip6tables-restore -- Restore IPv6 Tables SYNOPSIS
iptables-restore [-chntv] [-M modprobe] [-T name] [file] ip6tables-restore [-chntv] [-M modprobe] [-T name] [file] DESCRIPTION
iptables-restore and ip6tables-restore are used to restore IP and IPv6 Tables from data specified on STDIN or in file. Use I/O redirection provided by your shell to read from a file or specify file as an argument. -c, --counters restore the values of all packet and byte counters -h, --help Print a short option summary. -n, --noflush don't flush the previous contents of the table. If not specified, both commands flush (delete) all previous contents of the respec- tive table. -t, --test Only parse and construct the ruleset, but do not commit it. -v, --verbose Print additional debug info during ruleset processing. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-restore will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -T, --table name Restore only the named table even if the input stream contains other ones. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> wrote iptables-restore based on code from Rusty Russell. Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-restore. SEE ALSO
iptables-apply(8),iptables-save(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-RESTORE(8)