Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions PERL: Running script from Notepad++ Post 302724507 by Corona688 on Wednesday 31st of October 2012 05:15:28 PM
Old 10-31-2012
"UNIX desktop for dummies" is the wrong place for it as you are not using a UNIX desktop. Notepad++ is a Windows program. Moving the thread.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a remote Server through perl script

Hello people, I am want to run a server on remote machine through perl scripting using telnet api. Now when I try to do so, the server gets started perfectly, but as soon as I close the telnet connection in the script, the server started on the remote machine suddenly goes down. I also... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrak
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running a Perl script on HPUX platform

Hi, I wish to execute a simple perl script to pass unix commands on a HPUX platform, retrieve the result and filter through the text to determine outcomes x,y and z. I am developing the code on my windows system. I initially wrote the code to issue UNIX commands line by line, however i soon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmetcalfe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in running a Perl script via cronjob

I have a very basic perl script that attempts to find if a process is running. If the process is not running then the script is supposed to start the process. If I execute the script from command line it works fine as expected. However if the script is executed via cronjob, the script cannot find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ypant
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running egrep in perl script ?

Hi there if i run this from the BASH command line, i get a good result # FS="my-box23/account" # zfs list -t filesystem -H | cut -f1 |egrep "^ZPpool1/$FS$" ZP0pool1/my-box23/account which is great, however if I try to run in a perl script populating an array with the result/s, i get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

running perl script problem

While executing perl scriptit gives some compling issue, please help out $inputFilename="c:\allways.pl"; open (FILEH,$inputFilename) or die "Could not open log file"; Error : Could not open log file at c:\allways.pl line 4 learner in Perl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: allways4u21
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

running shell command in Perl script

Does not work. #!/usr/bin/perl $etcdir = 'ls -l /etc'; print $etcdir; #END ------------result-------- #perl -w abc123.pl ls -l /etc # This method works. #!/usr/bin/perl $etcdir = system("ls -l /etc"); print $etcdir; #END (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output of the script in notepad

Hi All, I want to show my output for the script to notepad.Anybody know what is the command to do this... Thanks.. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastercar
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What script is running by Perl?

Dear fellow unixoids! I need a little help (just a link would be fine) how can I investigate what specific perl script is eating 100% of cpu of my ubuntu server: PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulrith
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running one Perl script from another

Hi, I have one small question - what is the best way to run one perl script from another? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xqwzts
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

run cygwin bash script from notepad++

I'm using Notepad++ to edit my BASH scripts and using CYGWIN to run them from Windows7. In Notepad++ there is a 'Run' capability. How do I get this to run my scripts directly without having to enter the script name from the Cygwin command line? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: millsy5
3 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)