Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Date conversion help from dd/mm/yyyy to dd/Mon/yyyy i.e. 28/10/2012 to 28/Oct/2012 Post 302723095 by itkamaraj on Monday 29th of October 2012 11:31:42 AM
Old 10-29-2012
https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...-jan-12-a.html

---------- Post updated at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:00 PM ----------

https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...rmat-perl.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Date from dd-mmm-yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy

I want to change a date from format dd-mmm-yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy. Is there a way to do this with sed or do you have to write a case statement to convert JAN to 01? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting the date field from dd/mm/yyyy to yyyy/mm/dd

How to convert the date field from dd/mm/yyyy to yyyy/mm/dd in unix my script will generate text file which have two fields one is date and another is name of the server for example this is sample date which I have to sort based on older to newer date the problem is when I found out sort will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL String to Date (Custom format yyyymmdd to dd-mon-yyyy)

Hi All, I am learning PERL for one of the projects, and in one of these scripts, I read a flat text file and print in the terminal. The problem is, the text file has a date field. The format is yyyymmdd. I need to display this as dd-mon-yyyy. Any ideas to do this? Thanks a lot for the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change date format from yyyy/mm/dd to dd/mm/yyyy

(Attention: Green PHP newbie !) I have an online inquiry form, delivering a date in the form yyyy/mm/dd to my feedback form. If the content passes several checks, the form sends an e-mail to me. All works fine. I just would like to receive the date in the form dd/mm/yyyy. I tried with some code,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyboarder
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for Date conversion from mm/dd/yy to mm/dd/yyyy

Seek help in coverting date from mm_dd_yy to mm_dd_yyyy. I get a date in a file some thing file like this 09_14_11.pdf Need to convert the same to 09_14_2011.pdf :wall: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aakishore
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting date DD MM YYYY to DD MON YYYY

Hello, I am writing a script that parses different logs and produces one. In the source files, the date is in DD MM YYYY HH24:MI:SS format. In the output, it should be in DD MON YYY HH24:MI:SS (ie 25 Jan 2010 16:10:10) To extract the dates, I am using shell substrings, i.e.: read line ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adamm
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Date from YYYYMMDD to DD-MON-YYYY

Hi , I need to convert date from YYYYMMDD to DD-MON-YYYY e.g 20111214 to 14-Dec-2011 Please help. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ady_koolz
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

gawk convert 2012-Jun-13 to 2012-06-13

I have a value in a file i am processing that has a date like "2012-Jun-13" how can I convert a date like that 2012-06-13? Am I stuck building an array of three digit months and corresponding numbers and running through the logic of figuring out the number?? or can I convert this with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Epoch date to YYYY/MM/DD or MM/DD/YYYY

I've seen a lot of posts on this and have tried the following: echo 1257000000| perl -e '($d,$m,$y)=(localtime(time-86400));$m+=1;$y+=1900;printf "$y/$m/$d\n";' But I am unable to convert a past Epoch date into a format such as YYYY/MM/DD or MM/DD/YYYY. I am using bash and don't know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format YYYY/MM/DD to DD/MM/YYYY

I am getting output of YYYY-MM-DD and want to change this to DD/MM/YYYY. When am running the query in 'Todd' to_date(column_name,'DD/MM/YYYY') am getting the required o/p of DD/MM/YYYY, But when am executing the same query(Netezza) in linux server(bash) am getting the output of YYYY-MM-DD file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
3 Replies
Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3pm)

NAME
Date::Manip::Migration5to6 - how to upgrade from 5.xx to 6.00 SYNOPSIS
When upgrading from Date::Manip 5.xx to 6.00, a few changes may be necessary to your scripts. The Date::Manip::Changes5to6 document lists in more detail the ways in which Date::Manip changed, but very few of these actually entail changes to your script. It should be noted that once the changes are made to your script, it will no longer run correctly in 5.xx. NECESSARY AND SUGGESTED CHANGES
The following changes are necessary, or strongly suggested: Reading config files with Date_Init If you use Date_Init to read any config files (if you do business mode calculations, you probably do), you should remove all of the following config variables from your call to Date_Init: GlobalCnf=FILE PersonalCnf=FILE PathSep=* IgnoreGlobalCnf=* PersonalCnfPath=* and replace them with: ConfigFile=FILE where FILE is now the full path to a config file. Also, the ConfigFile argument should be the first argument in Date_Init. Date_ConvTZ The Date_ConvTZ function has changed. It should now take 3 arguments: $date = Date_ConvTZ($date,$from,$to); If $from is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. If $to is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. The date is converted from the $from time zone into the $to time zone. Both should be any time zone (or alias) supported by Date::Manip. The old $errlevel argument is no longer handled. ConvTZ and TZ config variables If you use either the ConvTZ or TZ config variables, you should replace them with either SetDate or ForceDate. See the Date::Manip::Config document for information. The TZ variable will continue to work until Dec 2013 at which point it will be removed. Other deprecated config variables The following config variables have been deprecated, but will continue to function (though they will be removed at a future date): IntCharSet (removed Oct 2012) TZ (removed Dec 2013) The following variables have been removed. If you use any of them, you may need to modify your scripts: GlobalCnf PersonalCnf PathSep IgnoreGlobalCnf PersonalCnfPath ConvTZ Internal TodayIsMidnight DeltaSigns UpdateCurrTZ ResetWorkdDay today, yesterday, tomorrow If you parse the strings "today", "yesterday", or "tomorrow" in order to get the time now, or 24 hours in the past/future, this will no longer work. These strings now refer strictly to the date (so "today" is the current day at midnight, "yesterday" is the previous day at midnight, etc.). To get the time now, 24 hours ago, or 24 hours in the future, you would need to parse the strings "now", "-24:00:00", or "+24:00:00" respectively. Do not use Memoize In 5.xx, it was documented that you could use the module Memoize to speed up Date::Manip, especially when sorting dates. This information is no longer accurate. Using Memoize in conjunction with Date::Manip should have little impact on performance, and may lead to incorrect results, especially if you change config variables. Please see the Date::Manip::Changes5to6 (GENERAL CHANGES) document for more information. If you find other instances where it is necessary to modify your script, please email me so that I can add that information to this document. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip::Problems documentation for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip - main module documentation LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.14.2 2012-06-02 Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3pm)