Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file Post 302721201 by Behrouzx77 on Thursday 25th of October 2012 08:51:41 AM
Old 10-25-2012
Thanks for your answers
Tnx to Rudic and Frankling52 your codes both works
BUT
the only thing that is misses (I think due to my bad description) is that I need all the line in new file, I mean for example when I have
405 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962349 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_censorreg/jtag_test_ctrl_reg_36 dff1 (TI,SO)

and I find "jtagc" I want first remove this line from source file and second I need to move all this line to "jtagc.txt" (And for sure the same for other jtagc iterations)
Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove "New line characters" and "spaces" at a time

Dear friends, following is the output of a script from which I want to remove spaces and new-line characters. Example:- Line1 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Line2 mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl Line3 opqrstuvwxyzabcdefdefg Here in above example, at every starting line there is a “tab” &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file

Hi, I've modified the syslogd source to include a thread that will keep track of a timer(or a timer thread). My intention is to check the file size of /var/log/messages in every one minute & if the size is more than 128KB, do a echo " " > /var/log/messages, so that the file size will be set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

6. Web Development

How would I mod_rewrite "/~a1Pha" and "/=a1Pha" to "/paste/a1Pha.htm"? (internally & externally)

Basically I want to shorten URLs on my html pasting site (pasteht.ml), by using "/~a1Pha" instead of "/paste/a1Pha". The ID is 5 numbers and letters, both cases. For example: /~idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /=idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /paste/idnum redirects to /~idnum (to update any old... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillips1012
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
PDF2TXT(1)							  PDFMiner Manual							PDF2TXT(1)

NAME
pdf2txt - extracts text contents of PDF files SYNOPSIS
pdf2txt [option...] file... DESCRIPTION
pdf2txt extracts text contents from a PDF file. It extracts all the text that is to be rendered programmatically, i.e. text represented as ASCII or Unicode strings. It cannot recognize text drawn as images that would require optical character recognition. It also extracts the corresponding locations, font names, font sizes, writing direction (horizontal or vertical) for each text portion. You need to provide a password for protected PDF documents when its access is restricted. You cannot extract any text from a PDF document which does not have extraction permission. OPTIONS
-o file Specifies the output file name. The default is to print the extracted contents to standand output in text format. -p pageno[,pageno,...] Specifies the comma-separated list of the page numbers to be extracted. Page numbers start at one. By default, it extracts text from all the pages. -c codec Specifies the output codec. -t type Specifies the output format. The following formats are currently supported: text Text format. This is the default. html HTML format. It is not recommended. xml XML format. It provides the most information. tag "Tagged PDF" format. A tagged PDF has its own contents annotated with HTML-like tags. pdf2txt tries to extract its content streams rather than inferring its text locations. Tags used here are defined in the PDF Reference, Sixth Edition[1] (S10.7 "Tagged PDF"). -D writing-mode Specifies the writing mode of text outputs: lr-tb Left-to-right, top-to-bottom. tb-rl Top-to-bottom, right-to-left. auto Determine writing mode automatically -M char-margin, -L line-margin, -W word-margin These are the parameters used for layout analysis. In an actual PDF file, text portions might be split into several chunks in the middle of its running, depending on the authoring software. Therefore, text extraction needs to splice text chunks. In the figure below, two text chunks whose distance is closer than the char-margin is considered continuous and get grouped into one. Also, two lines whose distance is closer than the line-margin is grouped as a text box, which is a rectangular area that contains a "cluster" of text portions. Furthermore, it may be required to insert blank characters (spaces) as necessary if the distance between two words is greater than the word-margin, as a blank between words might not be represented as a space, but indicated by the positioning of each word. Each value is specified not as an actual length, but as a proportion of the length to the size of each character in question. The default values are char-margin = 1.0, line-margin = 0.3, and W = 0.2, respectively. -n Suppress layout analysis. -A Force layout analysis for all the text strings, including text contained in figures. -V Enable detection of vertical writing. -s scale Specifies the output scale. This option can be used in HTML format only. -m n Specifies the maximum number of pages to extract. By default, all the pages in a document are extracted. -P password Provides the user password to access PDF contents. -d Increase the debug level. EXAMPLES
Extract text as an HTML file whose filename is output.html: $ pdf2txt -o output.html samples/naacl06-shinyama.pdf Extract a Japanese HTML file in vertical writing: $ pdf2txt -c euc-jp -D tb-rl -o output.html samples/jo.pdf Extract text from an encrypted PDF file: $ pdf2txt -P mypassword -o output.txt secret.pdf SEE ALSO
dumppdf(1) AUTHORS
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> Wrote this manual page for the Debian system. Yusuke Shinyama <yusuke@cs.nyu.edu> Author of PDFMiner and its original HTML documentation. NOTES
1. PDF Reference, Sixth Edition http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdf_reference_1-7.pdf pdf2txt 08/24/2011 PDF2TXT(1)