Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk three conditions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk three conditions Post 302720575 by Corona688 on Wednesday 24th of October 2012 11:56:03 AM
Old 10-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC
And godforbid I didn't put the corresponding EOL in the right location otherwise it was treated as a comment. I'm sure there's a reason for these things but wow...
It's supposed to treat the text inside it completely literally, to the point people have used it to archive files; it has to be very picky about where it ends.

You can make it less picky with <<-EOF ... EOF instead of <<EOF ... EOF, which will cause it to strip tabs off the front of everything inside. Only tabs, not spaces.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

About awk conditions

Hello, Can you explain why in the first 2 commands the awk does not print anything? Is it looking of a specific format ? Thanks. $ echo 12a3 | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' # prints nothing $ echo 123a | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' # prints nothing $ echo a123 | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' a123... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majormark
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

if, sed or awk with conditions

I do not know how to do this unless I use a bunch of if statements. I need a script to replace numbers in each record in a file. I am really getting tangled in this web. If a fieldA (19 positions) is greater than 14 digits, I have to change the data (resulting fieldA is fixed 19 postions). If... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ski
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with two conditions

Hi Everyone, # cat 1 1;2;3;4;5;6 1;2;3;4;5; # awk -F ";" '$5 == "5"' 1 1;2;3;4;5;6 1;2;3;4;5; but the output is should be just "1;2;3;4;5;6" means 1st condition: $5 is 5; 2nd condition: $6 is not empty, please advice. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk line with two conditions

Hi there, I wanna define a variable 'tempbase'. Therefore I read a text file "base.out". "base.out" contains a list with four columns. 'tempbase' is the 4th entry in the line, where the first entry is equal to the predefined variable $orb1 and the second entry is equal to $orb2. I wrote the code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking conditions with AWK

Input File1 0BB2 2A11 Split,FriApr80625,1507_7RAID5 0BF6 2829 Synchronized,FriJan140653,1507_7RAID5 0BF6 282A Split,FriApr80625,1507_7RAID5 0C7C 199E Synchronized,FriJan140653,1507_7RAID5 0C7C 1BCC Split,FriApr80625,1507_7RAID5 0DCA 0A9B ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditions in awk

Hi there, here is my command ssh host.local "/path/to/my/perscript/hostconfig.pl -s $HOST -d |awk '{if (\$4 > 120)print \"My error message\";exit}{s=0; for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) s++; if(s == 13) print \$3}'" The problem is if conditional 1 is met (i.e $4 > 120), i don't see "My error message", the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with conditions

Hi All, I have a file with below contents. "en2"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en5"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en6"/169.181.146.0:public I want to take the interface name from the file and convert it as ipaddress using ifconfig command get the output like below en6 ->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If conditions in awk

Hello Friends, I need to find some CDRs in production servers whose 1st field value and 2nd field value = 1 and 11th looks like 45.123... where there are more than 3 digits after comma.so i wrote a one liner, something like below but does not work, however when i used first and second conditions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problems - awk ignores conditions

awk 'BEGIN{ if('"$CATE"'<'"${WARN}"') printf ("%s", "'"`Kfunc "" ; break`"'") else if (('"${CATE}"'>='"${WARN}"') && ('"${CATE}"'<'"${CRIT}"')) printf ("%s", "'"`Wfunc ""; break`"'") else if ('"${CATE}"'>='"${CRIT}"') printf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sequence of conditions awk

hello gurus, I want to use an associative array from a file to populate a field of another file, by matching several columns in order of priority. If the first column matches, then i dont want to match $2. Similarly I only want to match $3 when $1 and $2 are not in associative array. For the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
6 Replies
USER-KEYRING(7) 					     Linux Programmer's Manual						   USER-KEYRING(7)

NAME
user-keyring - per-user keyring DESCRIPTION
The user keyring is a keyring used to anchor keys on behalf of a user. Each UID the kernel deals with has its own user keyring that is shared by all processes with that UID. The user keyring has a name (description) of the form _uid.<UID> where <UID> is the user ID of the corresponding user. The user keyring is associated with the record that the kernel maintains for the UID. It comes into existence upon the first attempt to access either the user keyring, the user-session-keyring(7), or the session-keyring(7). The keyring remains pinned in existence so long as there are processes running with that real UID or files opened by those processes remain open. (The keyring can also be pinned indefi- nitely by linking it into another keyring.) Typically, the user keyring is created by pam_keyinit(8) when a user logs in. The user keyring is not searched by default by request_key(2). When pam_keyinit(8) creates a session keyring, it adds to it a link to the user keyring so that the user keyring will be searched when the session keyring is. A special serial number value, KEY_SPEC_USER_KEYRING, is defined that can be used in lieu of the actual serial number of the calling process's user keyring. From the keyctl(1) utility, '@u' can be used instead of a numeric key ID in much the same way. User keyrings are independent of clone(2), fork(2), vfork(2), execve(2), and _exit(2) excepting that the keyring is destroyed when the UID record is destroyed when the last process pinning it exits. If it is necessary for a key associated with a user to exist beyond the UID record being garbage collected--for example, for use by a cron(8) script--then the persistent-keyring(7) should be used instead. If a user keyring does not exist when it is accessed, it will be created. SEE ALSO
keyctl(1), keyctl(3), keyrings(7), persistent-keyring(7), process-keyring(7), session-keyring(7), thread-keyring(7), user-session-keyring(7), pam_keyinit(8) Linux 2017-03-13 USER-KEYRING(7)