Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk three conditions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk three conditions Post 302720489 by bakunin on Wednesday 24th of October 2012 09:49:48 AM
Old 10-24-2012
Use "elif". It works like this (see "man awk" for details):

Code:
if( <condition> ) {
     <code>
} elif( <other condition> ) {
     <code>
} ...
else {
     <code>
}

You can have as many "elif"s as you like. This way the if-branching does the same as the case-branching.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

About awk conditions

Hello, Can you explain why in the first 2 commands the awk does not print anything? Is it looking of a specific format ? Thanks. $ echo 12a3 | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' # prints nothing $ echo 123a | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' # prints nothing $ echo a123 | awk '($1>=2) {print $1}' a123... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majormark
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

if, sed or awk with conditions

I do not know how to do this unless I use a bunch of if statements. I need a script to replace numbers in each record in a file. I am really getting tangled in this web. If a fieldA (19 positions) is greater than 14 digits, I have to change the data (resulting fieldA is fixed 19 postions). If... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ski
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with two conditions

Hi Everyone, # cat 1 1;2;3;4;5;6 1;2;3;4;5; # awk -F ";" '$5 == "5"' 1 1;2;3;4;5;6 1;2;3;4;5; but the output is should be just "1;2;3;4;5;6" means 1st condition: $5 is 5; 2nd condition: $6 is not empty, please advice. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk line with two conditions

Hi there, I wanna define a variable 'tempbase'. Therefore I read a text file "base.out". "base.out" contains a list with four columns. 'tempbase' is the 4th entry in the line, where the first entry is equal to the predefined variable $orb1 and the second entry is equal to $orb2. I wrote the code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking conditions with AWK

Input File1 0BB2 2A11 Split,FriApr80625,1507_7RAID5 0BF6 2829 Synchronized,FriJan140653,1507_7RAID5 0BF6 282A Split,FriApr80625,1507_7RAID5 0C7C 199E Synchronized,FriJan140653,1507_7RAID5 0C7C 1BCC Split,FriApr80625,1507_7RAID5 0DCA 0A9B ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditions in awk

Hi there, here is my command ssh host.local "/path/to/my/perscript/hostconfig.pl -s $HOST -d |awk '{if (\$4 > 120)print \"My error message\";exit}{s=0; for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) s++; if(s == 13) print \$3}'" The problem is if conditional 1 is met (i.e $4 > 120), i don't see "My error message", the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with conditions

Hi All, I have a file with below contents. "en2"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en5"/10.185.81.0:cluster_interconnect,"en6"/169.181.146.0:public I want to take the interface name from the file and convert it as ipaddress using ifconfig command get the output like below en6 ->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If conditions in awk

Hello Friends, I need to find some CDRs in production servers whose 1st field value and 2nd field value = 1 and 11th looks like 45.123... where there are more than 3 digits after comma.so i wrote a one liner, something like below but does not work, however when i used first and second conditions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problems - awk ignores conditions

awk 'BEGIN{ if('"$CATE"'<'"${WARN}"') printf ("%s", "'"`Kfunc "" ; break`"'") else if (('"${CATE}"'>='"${WARN}"') && ('"${CATE}"'<'"${CRIT}"')) printf ("%s", "'"`Wfunc ""; break`"'") else if ('"${CATE}"'>='"${CRIT}"') printf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sequence of conditions awk

hello gurus, I want to use an associative array from a file to populate a field of another file, by matching several columns in order of priority. If the first column matches, then i dont want to match $2. Similarly I only want to match $3 when $1 and $2 are not in associative array. For the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
6 Replies
SETRESUID(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      SETRESUID(2)

NAME
setresuid, setresgid - set real, effective and saved user or group ID SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE #include <unistd.h> int setresuid(uid_t ruid, uid_t euid, uid_t suid); int setresgid(gid_t rgid, gid_t egid, gid_t sgid); DESCRIPTION
setresuid() sets the real user ID, the effective user ID, and the saved set-user-ID of the calling process. Unprivileged user processes may change the real UID, effective UID, and saved set-user-ID, each to one of: the current real UID, the cur- rent effective UID or the current saved set-user-ID. Privileged processes (on Linux, those having the CAP_SETUID capability) may set the real UID, effective UID, and saved set-user-ID to arbi- trary values. If one of the arguments equals -1, the corresponding value is not changed. Regardless of what changes are made to the real UID, effective UID, and saved set-user-ID, the file system UID is always set to the same value as the (possibly new) effective UID. Completely analogously, setresgid() sets the real GID, effective GID, and saved set-group-ID of the calling process (and always modifies the file system GID to be the same as the effective GID), with the same restrictions for unprivileged processes. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EAGAIN uid does not match the current UID and this call would bring that user ID over its RLIMIT_NPROC resource limit. EPERM The calling process is not privileged (did not have the CAP_SETUID capability) and tried to change the IDs to values that are not permitted. VERSIONS
These calls are available under Linux since Linux 2.1.44. CONFORMING TO
These calls are nonstandard; they also appear on HP-UX and some of the BSDs. NOTES
Under HP-UX and FreeBSD the prototype is found in <unistd.h>. Under Linux the prototype is provided by glibc since version 2.3.2. SEE ALSO
getresuid(2), getuid(2), setfsgid(2), setfsuid(2), setreuid(2), setuid(2), capabilities(7), credentials(7), feature_test_macros(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2007-07-26 SETRESUID(2)