Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to Find another IP address Post 302719285 by rdrtx1 on Monday 22nd of October 2012 10:42:48 AM
Old 10-22-2012
Code:
getip machine_name

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find i.p address of our server

I don't have root access. How do I find i.p address of our sun server? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpotluri
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find LAN Address

Hi, I am wondering how I can find the network address under following situation. Things available: 1. An active network drop without knowing any details about the network. 2. I have windows, Linux, and Solaris machine available to use. Things to achieve: 1. Find out the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiashi2
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

how to find the IP address of a printer

I'm trying to find the IP address of a print queue. I tried this, but nada. cat /etc/hosts | lp -d lp01 Looked in the hosts file but it's not there (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

How do I find my IP address when connecting via VPN.

I connect to my client's network via VPN. We have a UNIX box there & I would like to know IP address of my PC when I connect to UNIX box using Putty software. I checked this command - /usr/sbin/ifconfig -a and it showed me the output lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gppande
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find IP Address of a Printer Q in Hp-Unix

Could anyone help me to identify the IP address of a printer queue with its printer queue name information . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lenin1985
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to find the router IP address

How to find the router IP address (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find unique IP address in a list

Hello, I got a list of IP address from which I would like to remove the duplicates. I cat the file and pipe it to uniq -u or uniq -c, I got the same output with all the duplicates. Can anybody please tell me how I can remove the duplicates IPs from this file? This is what I used. cat filename |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to find file which stores IP address

Hi all, I am new to this forum and this is my first question :). Using Red hat Linux.I tried to find file which stores IP address based on different helps given in this forum but did not get success. Here is the system details: -bash-3.2$ lsb_release -a LSB Version: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barkha
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Where to find IP address to location data?

I'm trying to remotely probe a range of IP addresses. First I need a list of IP addresses for a very small geographic area. I've had a lot of trouble obtaining them. I would like to find a database or something. Suppose I do get the data. Can I see if that IP address is in use by someone? Can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockandAir
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find available IP address

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will check all used IP on the server and then print me an addressees that are not in use. Problem is in comparing two variables #!/bin/bash NETSTAT=$(netstat -ntp | awk '{ print $4 }' | grep -v "127.0.0.1" | cut -d ":" -f1 | grep "^"|sort | uniq )... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nemesis911
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)